Jul

The Chamberlain/Kennedy show

The Star-Ledger had a good piece on our two favorite young hurlers in the Yankee organization yesterday. That article comes highly recommended. Hat tip to, um, well, Mike.

Categories : Asides

1. Joseph P. says:

Dammit. Guess who sent that article to Mike.

2. Mike A. says:

I dunno what you’re talkin’ about Joe, I found that all by myself.

(wink wink)

3. mike says:

The thing I noticed from the article was that Ian Kennedy was topping out at 94 mph which is a bit higher than I had heard even at the time he got promoted.

4. dan says:

yea, whether or not its true I have no idea, but people can make up whatever number they want and it will go unchallenged if its reasonable. 94 is a bit unreasonable considering the only thing ive ever heard of him is topping out at like 91, but you never know if they might have changed something in his delivery or he got stronger or something else. any radar gun reading that goes unconfirmed should obviously be taken with a grain of salt

5. Mike A. says:

Kennedy touched 94 with USC, or at least that’s what the radar gun on whatever channel I was watching him on at the time clocked him at.

6. C-Note says:

I’ve read multiple Sources saying Kennedy is getting stronger as the year is going on and has been hitting 94 for the last month-

Combined with his baseball IQ and his control, SPEED does count… he would go from being a very good prospect to a great one— he sure as hell is pitching lights out this year whatever the hell he’s throwing