Aug

Romney was against the Yankees before he was for them

GOP Presidential hopeful and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney owns an undisclosed amount of stock in the YES Network. Just in case his Republican affiliation and views on hot-button political issues haven’t yet endeared him to his former constituents, this news is sure to win over rabid Red Sox fans in the blue states of New England.

Categories : Asides

1. Viper says:

Um, so?

This is a site about baseball.

Probably not a good idea to mix your political views and baseball together.

2. Joseph P. says:

Viper, not one word was uttered about Ben’s political views. He merely cited that Romney is a Republican from a very Democratic state.

3. Viper says:

I don’t care about Mitt Romney and I’m not a Republican, but the “abortion flip-flop” stuff sure gives us readers an insight on his political views.

It’s always best to keep politics out of the baseball talk.

4. Mike A. says:

What’s a Mitt Romney?

5. John says:

Politics are sports.
    Congressional investigations, stadium deals, personality determine presidential campaigns.

If RAB’s hits fall off in the next month, it’ll be because of this post.

6. Ben K. says:

I fixed some of the “offending” language. Y’all shouldn’t take this so seriously. This post – it’s a joke, a dig at Red Sox Nation. That’s all.

7. zack says:

Well, I’m a poster, so I have no problem with posting my political views. I don’t want Romney associated with the Yanks, let’s all contribute and buy him out!

8. Viper says:

Sigh. Never said it was offensive.

It just doesn’t belong on a site about baseball in the same way that talking about the Yankees game today has no place on a political blog.

9. Ben K. says:

And that’s why it’s been replaced, Viper, in favor of language I believe is more neutral! I hear what you’re saying.

10. Joseph P. says:

But it does have something to do with baseball, albeit indirectly. It was just a roundabout way of saying that Mitt Romney, governor of Massachusetts — home of the Boston Red Sox — owns stake in the YES Network, which is owned by the New York Yankees.

11. dan says:

jesus, calm down people it wasnt a big deal even before the wording was changed. shit, i mixed religion and baseball in my post… silly me