Aug

This is awesome

If anyone can dig up a print of this, I will love you forever. (Click the picture for bigger views.)

Hat tip to my buddy Dave and Strangemaps.

Categories : Asides

1. Joseph P. says:

Okay, I live in North Jersey. There are maybe 2 Mets fans here. I call Shenanigans.

2. Tommy says:

classic. but what about the die-hard expos fans in montreal who now must root for the nationals? there have got to be what, like, three of them, right?

3. Tom says:

I’ve long been a proponent of shipping the Mutts to Jersey, they need a team.

I appreciate the photographer cropping out the Sux nation as well. >:-)

4. The Scout says:

New Jersey is solid Yankee country, and has been for years.

5. Ben K. says:

Of course New Jersey is Yankee territory. But you’re missing the forest for the trees. This map is just neat to look at even if it’s not accurate.

There are, for the record, way too many Royals fans indicated on this map. I think the Royals have only about 13 fans these days.

6. Mike says:

That is very cool, although there’s no way the Rangers or A’s have that much territory, especially the A’s.

7. Kyle says:

Its about Fan Density, the A’s have that much territory because that area has like 5 baseball fans and 4 of them are A’s fans. The Yankees territory is fairly small but it is dense as there are millions of people there and almost all of them are yankees fans

8. Tom says:

Everywhere in between where there is no team affiliation, well, that’s pretty much Yankee territory.

9. Gibb says:

i’m pretty bummed meche isn’t starting against hughes on saturday. i was pretty excited for that game.

10. Frank says:

Cool indeed, but I too think it would be much neater if accurate. CT is evenly divided among Yanks and Sox – a recent study said so.

11. Julie says:

This is super cool. On the accuracy front though, I’d say the Braves have the entire Florida panhandle.

12. Motown Yankees Fan says:

They should have at least given some Yankee territory to Jersey. But all in all, a cool map. My nine-year old was impressed.

13. sleepyirv says:

The map isn’t very good for over lapping territories. For example, in Central Illinois everyone is either a Cardnial’s or a Cub’s fan. Otherwise, very cool.

14. Usty says:

This looks like it’s a wall of the Niketown store…and this is a total guess based on the Niketown sweatshirt in the bottom right corner.

15. Freddy says:

Everyone knows that Tampa Bay is Yankee territory…not Devil Ray territory! Cool map though.

16. [...] that nifty United Countries of Baseball map that debuted at last year’s All Star Game? Someone with more free time that I have decided to [...]