Sep

Game 142: Home run 50?

Could A-Rod hit home run number 50 tonight? Could the Yanks beat under-the-radar rookie Brian Bannister tonight? Can Andy Pettitte pitch deep enough into the game with a big enough lead for the Yanks to ignore the fact that they have no set-up guy tonight with Joba and Farns needing rest and Vizcaino on the shelf?

Stay tuned for answers to these and other thrilling questions.

Lineup in number form:
18 DH
2 SS
53 RF
13 3B
55 LF
20 C
24 2B
14 1B
28 CF

46 P

Categories : Game Threads

1. dan says:

does wordpress charge by the word, or the numbered lineup is just to try something new?

• Ben K. says:

Really, it’s because I typed this post on my Blackberry. I went down to Philly to catch the game today, and we needed a game post. But it’s too much work to write out everyone’s names. We all know who they are.

2. mg says:

Just curious what you guys think of Abraham’s assertion that if Torre goes Guidry would also leave with him. I assume you all would be in favor of Eiland getting to lead the staff.

• Mike A. says:

I agree, and I said that to Joe in the not to distant past. I think Eiland would be a great candidate, especially considering guys like Hughes & Joba will be on the team. I do wonder though, how the veteran’ will take to him since he’s not a big name or anything like that.

I fully endorse Dave Eiland for pitching coach.

3. Marc says:

Man Bannister just screams “Shawn Chacon” I’m willing to bet his ability to be successful in the AL drops off significantly next year… throws strikes but a lot of fat belt high pitches. I’m gonna assume that big ballpark he plays in helps him also.

• Mike A. says:

Bannister throws too many strikes. When you’re around the plate that much and make a mistake, you miss out over the plate instead of off it and…well…you know.

• Joe says:

Listen, I’m starting a pool to chip in to make sure Alex Rodriguez get’s whatever he wants. Feel free to contribute.

• Mike A. says:

We should get all the Yankee blogs to join forces and start a “Keep A-Rod” campaign. If every Yankee fan donates say, $5 to the foundation, that’d be good for like, $150M right? The team kicks in the other $100M, and everyone’s happy!

The man is a video game.

• Joe says:

I just got a kitten, she’s about six weeks old, I’m trying to teach her to watch baseball with me. So were sitting here and she’s watching Rodriguez pound his second homerun and she asks “Do all men hit the ball like that?” and I said “No, Lucy, not all men hit the ball like that”

4. [...] « Game 142: Home run 50? 08 09 2007 Going home & movin’ on Posted by: Mike A. in Down on the Farm [...]

5. Mike A. says:

I hope to get a glimpse of Hochevar here, but the Royals can’t be dumb enough to have him face this lineup in his first ML experience, can they?

6. Marc says:

did hochevar leave his velocity next to Phil’s… They could share a “Dude, Wheres my Velocity” moment.

7. Mac says:

And Bruney walks his first batter.

8. Travis says:

Bruney makes Sean Henn look appealing.

9. Travis says:

Bruney makes Sean PENN look appealing.

10. Marc says:

Mike A.,

Just for the record, i rag on Phil only because you love him so. Its just funner that way. I hope we see the real phil next season… or against toronto.

11. Count Zero says:

I never want to see Brian Bruney pitch for the Yankees again. Not ever. That was just disgusting to watch.

12. NYFan50 says:

I’m going to seriously cry if A-Rod opts out of his deal and goes somewhere else.