Sep

May 2nd, 2007

On that date, I first referred to Ian Kennedy as IPK.

Fast forward 4 months and you’ll see that blogging juggernauts Peter Abraham and No Maas have begun to freely use the moniker.

I’m not looking to gloat or anything like that, I just think it’s pretty cool that it’s spread like it has, and hopefully I get a tiny bit of credit for it somewhere down the line.

Categories : Asides

1. dan says:

dont worry, your idea will always hold a place in my heart. and i think someone else used mini-moose too recently

2. John says:

I’ll give you a nod the next time I use it.

3. Lil Jimmy Norden says:

i remember seeing that actually. but im not sure how much that will matter in the public mind im sorry to say. who named mattingly hitman? i dont think the average joe can tell you. i have no idea either. granted it was before the internet age, but still.

you can always name the blog river ave blues. brought to you by the gents that coined IPK :)

4. Count Zero says:

What John said.

Honestly, I picked it up off someone on BB sometime in May and have been using it ever since, but I never knew where it originally came from…

5. yankeefan says:

hughes vs. buchholz isnt lookin good for hughes…….hopefully hes just getting comfortable with his new mechanics and can get his velocity back

6. barry says:

lol thats what I’ve been calling him, it just stuck bro, props

7. gotrojans says:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the IPK nickname goes back to his USC days.