Sep

That sounds about right to me

Forbes.com has named Curt Schilling as one of the ten most despised athletes around. Using such phrases as “a mouthy, attention-getting self-promoter who brags about his work ethic,” the article offers up a profile of the Curt Schilling we know and hate. With a passion.

Categories : Asides

1. Mike A. says:

I hate that fat fucking loud mouth. The only good thing about him is the K ALS stuff, but he can’t just do the charity and let it be; he has to gloat to everyone and make sure everyone knows how great he is.

It’s pathetic how the readers of his blog kiss his ass; they’re only fueling his ego. If he makes it into the HOF, it’d be a disgrace to the game.

2. steve (different one) says:

“If he makes it into the HOF, it’d be a disgrace to the game.”

i wouldn’t go that far. he’s a worthy candidate. not a slam dunk, but far from a disgrace.

unless you are basing this solely on his loathesome personality. which is fine, but not something i would use to make my decision, even though i can’t stand the guy.

• Joseph P. says:

Look at his career vs. Mussina’s career.

• Relaunch says:

I think that is more to do with injuries to Schilling than anything else. Schilling was dominant at times during his career. Moose was good, but never the best.

3. Mike A. says:

Yeah that’s true…Ty cobb did beat the crap out of a dude in a wheelchair after all.

4. Matt L says:

I hate the guy, but you can’t dispute his unbelievable pitching talent. I’ve compared Hughes to 38pitches before, and if that comparison were to come true, I would be absolutly thrilled.

5. steve (different one) says:

“Take away the postseason, and I’m taking Mussina over Schilling. Then again, I probably wouldn’t induct either, postseason or not.”

sure, but why should i “take away the postseason”? it happened.

if i take away the postseason, is Mariano a first ballot HoFer?