Dec

Yanks secretary fired

The Yankees fired their assistant to the traveling secretary, David Szen, today after he plead guilty to tax fraud. George Costanza is not next in line for the job.

Categories : Asides

1. steve says:

i remember in the episode of seinfeld where costanza tried to get fired but couldn’t, i guess all he had to do was just cheat on his taxes.

by the way from the SI article “David Szen pleaded guilty Tuesday in federal court to filing a false tax return and admitted he failed to report more than $50,000 in tips from players and coaches.”

thats alot of cash from just tips ! shnikeys.

2. Kevin says:

I hope they don’t fire Jeter for not paying his taxes.

• LiveFromNewYork says:

Tax fraud and not paying a state your accountant says you don’t have to because you don’t legally live there are two different things.

3. Ben–Why are your posts are always appear as the little ones on the website–I mean that the other ones get the normal headlines, but you get the tiny space in the middle. How come?

4. Mike R. says:

Maybe he was sleeping with the cleaning lady as well.

5. Jamal G says:

“They’re like that for everyone, not just Ben.”

Riiiight. Come on Mike, he’s not that gullible.

LoL, the Yanks just cant catch a break.

6. Ben K. says:

Man, y’all are so insensitive. Some of us have major issues about the size of our posts.

Naw, just kidding. It’s an aside. We use them on the front page to do present shorter posts that don’t warrant the full headline treatment. It’s an aesthetic thing really. It looks better if the headline doesn’t completely overwhelm a two-sentence post.

7. h8r says:

8. Travis G. says:

“Nice to meet you.”

“Well, I wish I could say the same, but I must say, with all due respect, I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves you have made with this fine organization. In the past twenty years you have caused myself, and the city of New York, a good deal of distress, as we have watched you take our beloved Yankees and reduced them to a laughing stock, all for the glorification of your massive ego!”

“Hire this man.”

9. Donnie Baseball deserves to be in the Hall says:

“Your tax money at work: the IRS criminally prosecuting a guy who makes 60 grand a year for not reporting an extra 10 in tips. After this, they’re going to bust the guy who served me at Chili’s for failing to disclose the fiver I left him.

Sure, collect the taxes, but there’s no need to ruin the guy. Shame on the Yankees for firing him.”

I agree. I think it is crazy this guy got fired but the amount of pro ball players who do the side hustle for extra cash and I mean BIG extra cash usually skate free.

I do not advocate what this guy did, but the IRS got him and he is going to pay the price for what he did in a legal manner. Why are the Yanks firing him? I know why because they do not want to have more bad press.