Jan

A walk down Yankee ‘Lane’

The Yankees signed Jason Lane to a Minor League contract. He’ll probably be invited to Spring Training, and I will probably continue to write cheesy headlines with that play off of his last name.

Categories : Asides

1. Mike A. says:

Wrong former Astro that was traded to San Diego last year. Morgan Ensberg is the guy they should go after.

At least it’s a MiL deal.

2. steve (different one) says:

agreed on Ensberg. would not mind Ensberg platooning at 1B at all.

3. dan says:

If we take a walk down memory lane, we see that Lane had a decently productive 2005, helping the Astros to the world series.

4. E-ROC says:

I don’t think Lane will make out of spring training on the MLB roster. He’ll probably stay in Scranton because they still need to fill out their roster and a veteran presence would help.

5. systemcrash says:

This has to be a roster-filling move – although Spring Training will have some interest as the Battle will be on for relief and 1B slots, as it should be. Giambi/Duncan platoon at first is a fine solution.

6. Jeff says:

Yeah… I’ve alwas wondered what’s the deal with cheesey headlines and sports writers? I think the Yanks should specifically try to avoid players whos names can be used in just that Wright or what I feel is the Wang way. You’ve got it straight Ben – so cheesey.
    I could just see it now… Jason in the slow Lane back to the majors… Would some writer think he’s specially crafty comming up with that one? Would readers actually feel cheated if they didn’t get such a “crafty” headline?

7. Ray says:

I promised myself not to comment but:
    Another stroke of genius from the CASH man!

Why not bring back Bernie and have him take some grounders instead?
    (kidding)