Jan

Lebron creates shoe in Mattingly’s homage

So Lebron has a new shoe out, and its design will appeal to many of you:

My favorite part: It has the words “Le-Bron Ja-Mes. Clap. Clap. Clap Clap Clap” on the inside of the tongue. On the outside of the tongue, however:

I understand that Lebron is No. 23. But when you encircle that 23 in navy blue and add pinstripes in the background, well, that’s Don Mattingly. I wonder if James or his people thought about that before designing the shoe.

In other James news, he was caught going 101 mph on his birthday. How odd of a story is that nowadays? An athlete is pulled over for speeding excessively and he’s not drunk.

Hat tip to Jason.

Categories : Not Baseball

1. Mark McCray says:

LeBron Loves The Yankees

Being from Northern, Ohio– land of the bandwagon Indians fans– this story absolutely cracks me up…Haha…just when you thought LeBron couldn’t diss Cleveland any worse…he does…

2. Jamie says:

Any clues on when these go on sale somewhere?

3. Mark McCray says:

March. Only in New York City.

4. Dave says:

Those words on the inside of the tongue sounds like a Bleacher Creature roll-call to me…

5. Ivan says:

Yo them sneakers are hard though

6. Mike says:

I had this story on my blog on Jan 18 and asked: “I wonder if Don Mattingly was consulted?”

7. Ivan says:

If You bought those with the throwback Mattingly’s jersey, you be crushing it early.

8. Malcard89 says:

actually the first thing i thought of when i saw the number 23 was michael jordan. i know it has pinstripes on it, but the number 23 is forever air jordan’s.

9. SavePhil says:

From everything I’ve heard and read about this shoe, Lebron is a huge Mattingly fan, and the 23 on the tongue is a tribute to Donnie Baseball, not a reference to his own number.

10. The Good Doctor says:

I’m a Lebron fan. And this makes me a bigger fan. And I don’t know which part of the story does more to make me like him more. The Mattingly shoe, or not driving drunk on his birthday.