Feb

A Prank for the Ages

It’s one thing to stick Icy Hot in a guy’s jockstrap, or tell him that his luggage got lost on the trip to Seattle, but this is just mean. And absolutely hilarious.

(hat tip to Pinto)

Update: Here’s video of the prank:

Categories : Asides

1. dan says:

That is just amazing. You’d think the front office and other people involved would have more important things to do.

2. Jamie says:

Real weird guys but I can get to your site on my blackberry but not from my computer…

3. Jamal G says:

That was funny and so, so, so wrong for KK.

4. Jeff says:

Nice one… The manager who broke it to him was great.

Suprised he didn’t know he couldn’t be traded to Japan though. Another clue could have come from the fact that the name they gave him was off. Two last names don’t go together.

5. iYankees says:

Bretty Myers looks like a fun dude.

6. iYankees says:

lol, brett, not bretty.

7. aaron says:

i have never been so amused

8. dan says:

I imagine the scene when the yankees tried to send down Giambi in 2005 was a little different.

If anyone wants to hear me talk about fantasy baseball, go here and listen, after the commercial.

I get to the yankees and the future around 30 minutes into it

9. Chip says:

That was the single greatest prank I’ve ever seen pulled!

10. Colin says:

yeah im sure brett is a fun guy when he’s not beating his wife.

but that was really funny. i hope the yankees have that much fun in the clubhouse

11. bostonsucks@life says:

Living in philly it has been shown about 100 times. Kendrick’s face when Amaro jr. announces the trade is priceless. The fact that all the local media was in on the prank made it even better. How he had no clue he couldn’t be traded to Japan is beyond me.

12. Royhan85 says:

It’s very fun…

13. pounder says:

Thirty or so years ago,when the Cards came to NY to play the Mets,Jerry Ruess was in town a day early.They paraded him around the clubhouse(just showed his face really) and played the same joke on some Yankee player,whose name escapes me now,telling the player he was just traded to StLouis for Ruess.I believe Billy Martin and Art Fowler were in on that one.

14. Grant says:

When the reporters started laughing dude should have mad dogged them “What the hell are you laughing at!”, then when they got scared said “Now you got punked!”

15. The Good Doctor says:

I saw this elsewhere and shared it with my kids. Very funny stuff. My opinion of Brett Meyers just went up a few pegs (though it was and still remains a low bar).

The funniest part had to be, what my 11 year old figured out right away during the “press conference,” was that he was traded for, “the hot dog guy!” Too funny.

I also thought that Kendrick was a great sport about it (although I think he was just relieved he wasn’t headed to Japan). And, I agree with others. Let’s hope the Yanks are this loose and are having this much fun in their clubhouse.