Feb

Crosstown fugliness

The Mets unveiled their Citifield logo today, and it’s, um, one for the ages. Emma Span takes an amusing look at the latest in corporate synergy. I’m just glad new Yankee Stadium will remain Yankee Stadium. Call me a traditionalist, but it just looks – and sounds – better that way.

1. Barry says:

the swb yankees pnc park or whatever it is looks more creative at least, who drew these kindergarten kids?

2. steve (different one) says:

the logo is pretty bad, but i think the actual stadium is pretty cool looking.

i wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out be a much better park than the new yankee stadium.

• TurnTwo says:

i agree. I keep looking at the construction photos, and obviously Yankees Stadium is a little behind CitiField sched, but to me, CitiField has a better appeal to it.

Granted, anything the Mets built after Shea was going to be a palace by comparison.

and, the Yankees werent looking to break new ground with their new stadium, but basically build the same stadium updated, with more gooder features.

3. Bo says:

The logo is terrible.

But the field cant help but be better than Shea.

4. Hollaforskolla says:

I mean its the dominos logo slightly changed

5. Travis G. says:

another reason to be glad i’m not a Mets fan.

6. [...] Slaps the Mets in the Face RAB posted this up a few moments ago, via Eephus Pitch (which is a great blog that I’ve never [...]