Feb

They’re bringin’ sexy back

Via Pinstripes PA, Getty Images has the “photo day” pics available. You should definitely check ‘em out, but here are the highlights:

Make sure you take a look at all the photos. Good stuff. Some of ‘em remind me of yearbook picture day.

Categories : Spring Training

1. Adam says:

why are they all in those dorky long sleeve shirts? the look like little leaguers. i’m surprised the didn’t make melky wear a double flapped batting helmet just for shits and giggles.

wait, can i say shit?

2. mehmattski says:

Whatever, pinstripes are slimming.

3. Yankee Fan says:

You put double http://www. on the photo day link, so it takes you to some other site

4. Rayblay says:

Chris Britton looks like he’s passing some serious gas… All in all they all look pretty uncomfortable in their pictures, I must say. But that doesn’t stop me from being psyched about seeing ‘em!!

5. dan says:

Okay, someone fess up… who hit Giambi on top of the head with a frying pan?

6. Jeff says:

Joba and Farnsworth need to get friendly with the razor.

7. mike says:

no one has anything NICE to say???

8. Mike D says:

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that Joba lost weight in the off season. That’s a good sign, since that was a concern when the Yankees originally signed him. He seems to have that under control.

9. Is it just me or does Andrew Brackman have a seriously tiny head?

In proportion to the rest of his body, I mean.

10. Rayblay says:

Something nice: it definitely looks like the players worked hard to get in shape, and I’m psyched for some small ball this year… running out grounders, being able to take that extra step to make the defensive play, taking the extra base because you can get there that much faster… it’s all sounding really exciting!!!! Booyah.

11. dan says:

Random note for those interested: PECOTA cards are up (as of two days ago, I know, I was away this weekend). It absolutely HATES Tacoby Bellsbury, projecting a ceer-high VORP of 20.1 in 2010, and stealing no more than 32 bases in his career. Of his top 10 comps, the only one’s I’ve heard of are Johnny Damon, Vince Coleman, Steve Sax, and Shannon Stewart.

12. Manimal says:

I was looking through the players and I see this one guy, I had to squint to notice it was Girardi! He looks like a player still.

13. AlexCT says:

you’re right about ohlendhorf. he kinda looks like paulie o. lets hope he can bring the same energy that paul did.

14. Rayblay says:

Alex – I also thought I saw Paul at first glance – i did a double take and said hey wait thats not Paulie!!

15. dan says:

Buster Olney reports that Ross Ohlendorf is a damn good fit for pinstripes.

16. Ben K. says:

I too thought that Ohlendorf looks like a young O’Neill.

17. Whoa, Girardi can’t keep them running all camp, there will be nothing left by the end. Also what is wrong with Giambi’s face whenever he takes a picture. He looks like he’s passing kidney stones or something. His face actually reminds me of that Friends episode where Chandler smiles all weird in pictures and he doesn’t know why, thats the Giambi face.

18. iYankees says:

Jeff Karstens looks miserable, yikes.

19. RichYF says:

All I have to say is that is NOT what I expected to see the first time I saw Mark Melancon. I nearly lost half of my coffee.

20. Cam says:

I think the tinniest head syndrome has to go to Pavano. His picture on page two looks photoshopped or something. Did he visit some voodoo dr. for his bruised butt?

21. [...] Sunday-night Picture Day post showed that, hey, for all the talk of the off-season, there’s nothing like seeing some [...]