Mar

Baseball on TV on the Internet

The Yanks return to the airwaves in a way this afternoon. At 1:05 p.m., the Yankees-Phillies game will appear on MLB.tv. Tomorrow’s game is on the YES Network.

Categories : Asides

1. NYFan50 says:

I tried MLB.TV last year and was pretty disappointed. Maybe others had a better experience with it than I did. I hope they took another step forward with it this year.

• Spike says:

What didn’t you like about it?

• NYFan50 says:

Despite their bandwidth improvements, it still functioned pretty poorly for me. Sometimes I couldn’t load games at all. Sometimes they’d just stop in the middle, or get choppy.

• zack says:

I used mlb.tv premium, which was awesome for me. The mosaic sucked ass though and wasn’t worth using. But this year I’m finally going with Extra Innings as I stare at a computer screen too much to begin with. But I bought the first month of mlb.tv for the ST games.

• NYFan50 says:

I’m a big fan of the Extra Innings package. They carry nearly all the Yanks games. I get rather annoyed when they don’t carry a game, though. Phil’s first game was not on EI and I was *pissed*. I did get to watch his 2nd start and nearly smashed my tv into a billion pieces when he hurt his leg…

• Spike says:

I’ve had the MLB package for 8 years now and love it. What I hate about it, and the YES Network, is the Saturday blackout rule. If you’re out of the NY market like I am, the YES Yankees broadcast will be blacked out if its in the Fox ‘Window’ (from 1-7 pm). I hate this. I missed IPK’s first start because of this ridiculous Fox crap. F**k Fox!

p.s. So, each Saturday I get to watch Joe Buck call his Cardinals games while I struggle for reception of the Yankees game on 880am.

2. Manimal says:

the only sports channel I get for free is freaking NESN.

Why cant they do gameday or something…

3. Whoo! Living in Philly actually comes through – the spring training game is on regular TV down here. Nice!

4. mike f says:

zack: i completely agree. i LOVED extra innings last year. not only did i get to see all the yankee games now that i live down south…it’s fun to check in on teams that you might never watch otherwise.
    i’m gonna buy the MLB TV for ST. and just pay for one month of it.

5. Nate says:

I love extra innings too. I get it every year, even though I get YES, but I like watching other games as well.

6. LiveFromNewYork says:

Can we watch today’s game in NY? I don’t have mlb tv and I can’t find it.

7. LiveFromNewYork says:

I’m watching the stupid Mets/Dodgers game which, of course, opens with a Torre interview.

Torre says the only way to get trust is to earn it. Oh yeah and not sleeping in the dugout. Okay he didn’t say the second part.

Torre says he’s hasn’t talked to Willie but will chat with him over the next few days.

8. Pedro says:

Duncan’s the man!

9. dan says:

Does anyone here live in upstate new york, and know whether or not YES is on cable TV up there?

10. Clemson Rob says:

When Shelley Duncan does pushups, he doesn’t push himself up, he pushes the ground down.

11. RobertGKramer says:

MLB.TV has a new media player called Silverlight which I expect to be an improvement over Windows Media Player though for now the games are 400K. they talk about 8700K and even 1.2mb but I don’t know when that starts.

12. RobertGKramer says: