Mar

Igawa > Zito

Just think, the Giants paid $80M more than they had to for this kind of production. Yikes.

Categories : Asides

1. Ivan says:

126M dollars to a 3 starter

2. Ivan says:

Although I kind of like it when Zito struggles so all the fans can make fun of Chris Russo

3. Brian says:

Against Oakland no less….I’m tempted to say that Pavano>Zito when that boxscore hits the fan.

4. Yankee Fan says:

His ERA was 108.00. Wow… just wow.

5. Rob says:

Also:

Igawa > Lester

6. brockdc says:

Dude’s toast. I know you jest but, seriously, salaries aside, who would you rather have at this stage of their respective careers, going forward (and you can’t choose C: Develop your own middle-of-the-rotation lefty)?

7. brockdc says:

If he could find a way to keep the ball down (yes, I know: HUGE if), Igawa might have something of a career as a middle-innings mop up scrub. That’s his ceiling, though. Zito, on the other hand, is what he is at this point: replacement level.

8. Rob says:

I don’t know. I still think Iggy can be league average in Yankee Stadium as a lefty. He has the strikeout numbers. He just has to control the ball better and not leave things hanging.

9. Ivan says:

Remember guys, it is ST.

I gonna be honest, who gives a damn if Igawa did poorly against a college team. So the fuck what, it’s ST.

I still think if he can improve his control, that he can be a good lefty reliever.
    Does he suck, yea as of right now, but he can improve.

10. E-ROC says:

Fellas, as Girardi and Igawa said, “It’s still early.” LOL!

11. RollignWave says:

still though, that’s pretty damn ugly. the Giants are in for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

over and under on them at 100 loss I’d say.

12. pete says:

please
    iggy = nobody

13. Tripp says:

What happened to that guy? When he came up he was in the 90s with his fastball and now it tops out at 85.

He’s never been injured but he’s misteriously lost 10 mph on his fastball.

14. Ugh. Three people with an ERA worse than Wang’s in the ’07 postseason. That’s got to hurt.