Mar

Random A-Rod musings

Here’s something interesting about A-Rod: If Alex plays 154 games or more this season for the Yanks, a feat he has achieved each year in pinstripes, he will have logged more games as a Yankee than as a Mariner. Hard to believe, no? I still think of him as a Mariner first, but after this year, his longest tenure will in all likelihood be with the Yanks.

Categories : Asides

1. Barry says:

I think of him as a Yankee now, have to get used to his presence he’ll be around ’til what? 2018?

2. Ivan says:

that is somewhat surprising. Yea, you think mariner first but when it’s all said and done you gonna think yankee in concern with A-Rod.

It just seems to me, that the Yankees and A-Rod were mean’t for eachother. through all the craziness and redicule, and then all the joy and enthusiasm, that’s just the relationship. Can’t live with him or without him. It’s like a match made in heaven even though the relationship is dysfunctional.

3. Mike A. says:

Wow, I find that pretty surprising. It still kinda feels like he just got here.

4. AlexCT says:

paul o’neill played with the reds for 7 seasons, but he’ll always be thought of as a yankee.

5. Billybob says:

He’ll always be a Ranger to me.

6. LiveFromNewYork says:

I am happy to think of him as a Yankee. I think it’s been a rocky road for him (and us) and I hope he settles in now that he has a contract and smashes recrods.

7. Jim Johnson says:

Yeah, I still think of him as a Mariner. A-Rod, Griffey, Edgar, Buhner, and Johnson… that’s what stands out in my memory. Those f’ing jerks.

8. Stylez says:

The only reason people don’t see him as a yankee is because of his performances in october? Right? I hink that’s unfortunate because an A-rodless yankees the last couple of years and the team in it’s self is completey different and not for the better. He’s the offensive punch of our team, Posada’s the unnamed and I believe secretly unnamed captain, and Jeter is the face of the organization. I could go on with the analogies like Hughes is the future, Cano will be that guy people worry about after Arod, Melky is the energy, Joba is th attitude and muscle, Shelley Duncan i the guy who breaks forarms!

9. [...] Random A-Rod musings – Ben K. – River Ave. Blues [...]