Apr

Nothing will bug the Yanks in Cleveland this time

Get it? Bugs, Cleveland? Remember? Anyway, take heart, Yankee fans. Jim Baumbach tells us that under no circumstances will there be midges in Cleveland this weekend. Phew.

Categories : Asides

1. Jamal G. says:

I can’t imagine something like that even happening. Like honestly, WTF was that? A swarm of Lake Eerie midges? I hate Cleveland.

2. Casper says:

Remember that time a plague of insects of biblical proportions rained down upon the Yankees during a playoff game and the team’s manager and the umpires did nothing while our phenom pitcher was swarmed and lost the game? That was awesome.

(Chris Farley ruled… And, seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever uttered nor written a stranger sentence. And it’s true. Gahhhh.)

• Casper says:

Excellent grammar, moron. Clearly I meant a swarm of biblical proportions, not insects of biblical proportions. My command of the English language rivals Professor Farnsworth’s command of the strike zone. Zing.

3. E-ROC says:

ESPN would make a spoof of it. This will probably happen again. Hopefully, the midges won’t swarm the Yanks again.

I would imagine Shelley will be promoted this weekend to face the two lefties.

4. Manimal says:

They remember Joba’s odor, they WILL find him.

• Mike P says:

That’s Joba’s problem you see. Sure he’s got those three plus plus pitches, but his odour will stop him ever being a quality starter. If it weren’t for his aura coming out of the pen, his odour would have derailed his major league career…

Heard somewhere in the ESPN broadcast center.

5. Number 27 says:

the two times joba’s been stopped ever it has been a result of mother nature, the only thing powerful enough to stop him..