In my Inbox yesterday morning were more scenes from inside the new Yankee Stadium construction zone. These shorts, courtesy of again to reader Paul V., show some scenes from inside the construction site, and they show the final piece of the façade on the way up.
The photos, all taken by Robert Barkovitz, show the Stadium going up. You can view a slideshow below or check them out here at my flickr site. Some highlights:
- Above, the final piece of the façade, decorated with the Union flag, the U.S. flag and the Yankee flag, rests on the ground before making the trip up to the top of the stadium.
- That final piece if laid into place.
- The view inside shows that the Stadium has a long way to go yet.
- No seats yet on the lower level.
- The view around the seating bowl looks pretty nifty.
Thanks again to Robert Barkovitz for this final set of photos from inside the new stadium, and we’ll have construction shots all summer long. The slide show is below.