May

Hell has frozen over

While the Yankees and the Orioles are slugging it out in Baltimore and Jorge Posada is going through rehab in Extended Spring Training, the AP reports that pigs are flying Carl Pavano has thrown 35 pitches off of a half-mound. And he did it without injuring himself. What are the odds that Pavano wins the game that clinches the AL East for the Yanks this year?

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Kelvin says:

Who is this Carl Pavano you speak of? lol

2. Jamal G. says:

LoL, when I read it I was just in disbelief. I’ve always wondered how Pavano’s family looks at the situation. I’ve always heard they are crazy Yankees fans, I mean I know his immediate family puts him first but what about cousins, uncles and aunts. I know there must be a couple family members who don’t like him.

3. Joltin' Joe says:

I’m from his hometown and let me tell you, we don’t talk about Carl anymore LoL.

4. Count Zero says:

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1

In related odds…

Pavano wins any game this year: 10,000 to 1
    Pavano starts a game and lasts more than 4 IP: 1,000 to 1
    Pavano re-injures himself before the ASB: 1 to 1

5. Count Zero says:

Oh and I forgot — why in hell’s name did we sign Broussard to a MiL deal? Because we need yet another 1B?

6. A.D. says:

Pavano becomes the 8th inning guy down the stretch???

7. Eric says:

So this puts him in line to pitch for his next scheduled rehab assignment….say 18 months from now (with a +/- of 3 years). This is strictly factoring in things like hang-nails and untied shoe-laces, car wrecks and buttocks strains are for another prediction.

8. TurnTwo says:

they’d have to be above .500 to clinch the AL East, no?

just sayin.

9. Malcard89 says:

Where’s Pavano on the TJ rehab watch? ;)

10. George says:

LaTroy Hawkins, Ross Ohlendorf and Ian Kennedy will remember this Yankee loss for the rest of the season. I wanted to throw my remote through the screen.

11. tommiesmithjohncarlos says:

Brian Boehringer
    Corey Lidle
    Lefy Gomez
    Mo Rivera
    Kei Igawa

12. ctkaiser says:

How about Carl pulls the lever that takes the Met Life countdown from 40 to 39 in honor of his contract? (off of a 1/2 mound).