Jun

An old friend returns to New York

MLBTR points to a MetsBlog report that the Not-So-Amazin’s have acquired old Yankee foe Trot Nixon to replace Billy Wagner as their closer. I’m sure that will solve all of the Mets’ problems. Meanwhile, if you find yourself as Shea this summer, make sure you remind Trot just how much we all loved him during his days on the Sox. And, yes, I’m being sarcastic.

1. r.w.g. says:

The Mets are a joke that has stopped being funny.

2. Andy in Sunny Daytona Beach says:

I was missing watching a player stick his hat in his back pocket when he hits.
    Trot Nixon is so “old school” and “hard-nosed’ and “talentless”.

• Whitey14 says:

Nice to see that Jamal goes to Red Sox fan sites. Congrats to you for looking at the rivalry from the other side. I don’t expect it to change your allegiance, but sometimes it’s nice to see how the other half lives. Hopefully while there you noticed the same thing I’ve noticed here. Most yankee fans are intelligent, understanding and just love their team, and then some yankee fans live to hate the Red Sox moreso than love the yankees.

3. Matt says:

Although this is hilarious, it’s showing more classlessness by Boston.

• Alan says:

Hahaha, good read.

• Whitey14 says:

Find me a major league dugout/bullpen where these things don’t happen. Also, since your in the glass house that mickey mantle and his roving eye built, I wouldn’t throw too many stones in Boston’s direction. 75% of mlb’ers, and that’s a conservative estimate, are notorious pussy hounds.

4. Jamal G. says:

Wait a minute, a positive Yankee news article? Kyle Farnsworth notching a 1-Run save, what the hell is going on around here?!

5. Joey says: