Oct

A Doomsday scenario

This isn’t about the stock market collapse or a terrorist attack. It’s not about the next World War or an earthquake in New York. This is far, far worse. Or at least it is according to FOX. If the Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies meet in the World Series, FOX might be better off showing new episodes of House and Prison Break, Maury Brown reports. Ouch.

Categories : Asides

1. UWS says:

I think I’m echoing the opinions of many when I say:

Screw FOX.

2. steve (different one) says:

good. maybe when their contract expires, they won’t re-bid for the playoffs.

their coverage is terrible.

3. Bo says:

Who cares about ratings?

Unless it goes 7 games it wont b high anyway and what fan truly cares about ratings?

4. ben says:

FOX sucks. if the rays finish beating the sox like a dirty rug and get to the series against the phils it could be a great series. both teams can hit and pitch and have exciting young players, what more could you want? if the sox or dodgers had limped in to face the phils or rays it would have probably been a facecrush instead of good matchups.

5. Relaunch says:

Its the matchup I wanted before the playoffs started so hopefully it happens.

• JD says:

Prision Break and House are two of the best shows on TV and they are my shows and was very annoyed that they skipped a week. FOX better not be skipping these shows ever again during these playoffs! (spit)

6. radnom says:

Prison Break is still on?!?
    Pardon my ignorance, I’ve never seen the show, but didn’t they break out of prison like 4 years ago? How can that show still be going.

• Adam says:

yes, it’s still on, and pretty awesome i think. sure the title is a misnomer, but the show has actually had a somewhat impressive run.

i’ll take PB over most world series games not involving the yankees…..

• Adam says:

by the way, to answer your question…

season 1: break out of prison.
      season 2: elude authorities.
      season 3: break out of prison, again.
      season 4: seek revenge, stay out of prison.

• radnom says:

So….did they fail to elude authorities in season 2?

Also, again I have never seen the show, I was under the impression that the brother was only in prison in the first place because of a conspiracy and not because he was guilty. Why would they put him back in prison in season 3, why not just kill him?
        Clearly he has shown he cannot be contained lol

7. It’ll still be rated higher than the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

8. E-ROC says:

Personally, I prefer the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles over those shows. As long as the WS doesn’t affect that show, I’ll be fine.

9. UNION YES. says:

I’m a big fan of Sons of Anarchy. It’s on FX (Fox).

I also need to get HBO back for True Blood. Anna Paquin is looking fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

10. Relaunch says:

Dexter is the best show on TV, hands down (or cut off!)

11. Josh says:

Lol-”Hole in the Wall” might get better ratings than a TB-Philly series. Seriously-have you seen the game show? Hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfym8MdKNNY

12. BklynJt says:

Of course when torre loses, the playoffs is such a crap shoot… never seems to mention this when he wins

13. Brad K says:

I would just be happy to see a great WS. Really the last great WS was 2001, even if we did lose. 2002 went 7 games but it involved to CA teams and Barry Bonds. Since then it hasn’t been pretty. ’04 sweep, ’05 sweep, ’06 5 games and won by an 88 win team, and ’07 another sweep.

14. RollingWave says:

it could be worse,

Brewers vs Rays

15. Accent Shallow says:

It’d be nice if we don’t have as many off days during the playoffs in the future.

16. dkidd says:

who gives a shit about fox’s balance sheet? or the whims of casual fans? a rays-phils series would kick ass. i wouldn’t want to play the phillies right now (although i said that about the rockies last year)