Dec

Jackson named 27th best prospect in baseball

The fine folks at milb.com have started to release their list of the top 50 prospects in the game. As the title says, Austin Jackson came in at number 27, right alongside some big names like Tommy Hanson, Lars Anderson and Eric Hosmer. Jesus Montero was ranked #40, between Jeremy Hellickson and Adam Miller. No other Yanks’ farmhands are expected to the make the list, which be fully released over the rest of the week.

Categories : Asides, Minors

1. A.D. says:

Samardzjia at 50, he really boosted his stock last year.

Does he go starter or reliever long term? Or will we see the great Samardzjia debate in Chicago

2. TurnTwo says:

what was the highest Eric Duncan ever got?

3. Eric says:

I hope he gets a cup of coffee at the end of the year.

4. Nady Nation says:

I’m rather uninspired by A-Jax’s ranking.

5. E-ROC says:

Mike, what is your take on the placement of the Yankee prospects on the list?

6. pat says:

Tim Beckham at 22? I dont care if he was the 1st pick hes straight outta highschool and wasnt exactly overwhelming when he played. Seems a little high in my estimation.

7. Has Montero worn #35 at all levels? Does he have an attachment to the number, or is it just what they gave him?

I can’t wait for Montero to be called up and all the Moose-lovers to boo the fuck out of him for desecrating sacred #35.

Or, the Ralph Houk lovers…

8. Watching that video of Austin Jackson with his baggy uniform and #21 flying around the bases on that triple, one thing leaped into my mind:

Deion Sanders.

I don’t know how to feel about that.

9. mustang says:

Mike A.
    I have a question is Austin Jackson better, equal or less then any of main prospect that were report in offers to the Padres for Peavy?

10. Conan the Barack O'Brian says:

What do you guys make of this new MLBTR bit on Sheets? Rosenthal thinks he’ll accept arbitratrion with the Brewers…teh Breerws?/????/

11. J.R. says:

Watch AJax at the plate, doesn’t that approach remind you of sheffield, jsut a little less wrists?

Not a projection comparison just stance and swagger at the plate.