Jan

Metro-North sets pricing for Yankee Stadium stop

When the new Yankee Stadium Metro-North station opens in a few weeks, thousands of Yankee fans will eschew the pleasures of parking, traffic jams, gas prices and toll fares for the relative comfort of commuter rail cars. Recently, the MTA unveiled the pricing schemes for game-day service to and from the new station stop. While schedule information is not yet available, Second Ave. Sagas has the latest on the fares. Briefly, tickets will cost a dollar more than regular service to Grand Central. That’s not too bad.

Categories : Asides, Yankee Stadium

1. That’s not bad at all.

Given where I’m coming from I’d probably still take the cheaper D to the games, and then, if it’s late, the MetroNorth back.

If I decided to come from NJ, however, I’d still be fairly screwed.

2. Yank Crank 20 says:

Not as bad as I expected, i’ll gladly spend an extra dollar to not have to deal with traffic.

3. jay pee says:

I’ll still take the subway,it will probably be less crowded.

4. Chris says:

How would they enforce this? There is no one checking tickets when you get off, so I could buy a ticket to Grand Central and get off at Yankee Stadium, thus saving me $1.

5. BBDC says:

Yeah Im wondering about this because I use the Metro-North everyday (my station is Spuyten Duyvil) and we pass Yankee Stadium and what will be the new Yankee Stadium Station, I always assumed that if I want to catch a game next year I can just use my regular monthly pass and get off early (and then take the train home afterwards). Usually you can exit the train at any point within or before your zone without paying any additional fare, I would think the same rule should apply for Yankee Stadium.

6. Should be working says:

Comming from CT I think I’ll still drive. As far as I know the shuttle you have to take on weeday/night games is going to cost extra money as well as each person buying a train ticket opposed to 1 parking fee. For some people its worth it I guess because they cant handle the traffic and what have you but it looks like I personally will still drive in.

7. Evan in NYC says:

I assume that the Monthly Metro-North rail tickets are valid for this stop, right?

8. mike says:

Hey Guys:

I read over the weekend about Michael Young – I know he is on the downside and his D is pretty bad, but he rakes. I understand the Rangers need/want a 3rd baseman and always can use some pitching.

Young for Cano (move him to 3rd) + IPK + Robertson

Young plays 2B and bats Second, moving Jeter to leadoff, or vice-versa

Trade Damon, sign Manny to play LF.

Tremendous offensive upgrade, and while the D would certainly suffer (and payroll wil increase), there is the leadoff question to be answered next year anyway – and this will dispense with the will he/won’t he of Cano

9. liam says:

I’m pissed that they aren’t doing this for the LIRR. Its easy to get to Yankee Stadium from the east side trains!

10. Roddy says:

I wonder what this means for people with Monthly Passes into Grand Central… I take the Hudson Line every day. Going to Yank games for free works for me.

11. Colin says:

Will they be raising the fare to 125th on GameDay?

12. [...] Metro-North sets pricing for Yankee Stadium stop | River Avenue Blues [...]

13. Holly says:

does anyone know what stop i would get off on metro north to go to a yankees game from New Haven CT? I know they are making one that is direct, but for now what is the best??

Thanks!