Oh you can just go to hell Memphis. I’m down to three of my Final Four and six of the Elite Eight, max.
- Help Tom Tango to he can help me help you. Seriously, it takes like, three minutes.
- Further evidence that power pitching wins.
- Remember that bit about the Yanks’ farm system being valued at $97.8M? That’s good for 13th place in the game.
- A 17-year old girl pitched in a game in Japan. She faced only two batters, walking the first and striking out the second. (link has video)
- If you’re in or around the grand metropolis of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Chad Jennings has about a meet-and-greet with the 2009 Scranton Yanks.
- Some more goodness from Jennings: Alan Horne will pitch in a game this weekend, and the Yanks released six minor leaguers, most notably 2007 nice stats guy Braedyn Pruitt. I’ll miss Clint Preisendorfer more.
- Everyone assumes that if Derek Jeter moves to outfield it’ll improve his defense. Well, the move certainly didn’t help Robin Yount, and he was at least six years younger than Jetes when he made the switch.
- A Philadelphia Phillies season preview … in iambic pentameter! (h/t IIATMS)
- After all the talk about how fat CC Sabathia is and how Joba Chamberlain’s weight can be problematic, who would have guessed that Oliver Perez would be the starting pitcher on a New York team battling conditioning issues?
Here’s your open thread for the night. The Yanks are in action against the Reds in an untelevised game tonight, while the Isles and Devils are in action locally. You’ve also got a quartet of college baseketball games going on. Anthing goes, just be nice.