Apr

Quick Stadium hits: RAB on NBC

I’ve got a few stadium stories and a self-promotion plug for you. Let’s dive in.

• After a few posts about the empty seats at Yankee Stadium, a few media outlets larger than RAB have picked up the story. As such, I’m going to be on the NBC Nightly News show in the New York area between 7-8 p.m. This is not the Channel 4 NBC news broadcast but is part of the cable news channel from WNBC. On Time Warner, it’s channel 161. Check here to find it on your cable system. I’ll be taking empty seats and the RAB reader reaction to it.
  • As a follow-up to some of the ticket sales stories, Peter Abraham reported on some “whispers” out of Yankee camp that the business staff is considering lowering prices on unsold seats. Considering that the team contends 80 percent of those expensive seats are already sold, it will be interesting to see how the Yanks compensate those who have bought the early buyers.
  • Finally, Jason from IISTMS has a tale of the times about ticket prices. One of the reasons so many of the field level seats remain empty may have to do with the economy and TARP. If bailed out banks own the seats and their executives are recognized at the game, the press would have a field day with it. Therefore, people who own those seats would rather have them be empty than suffer the negative publicity.

Anyway, that’s that. Check us out on TV. I know it’s competing with the game, but it’s not everyday that RAB gets to be a talking head on cable.

Categories : Yankee Stadium

1. Greg G. says:

Ben, don’t live in the NYC area so I won’t get a chance to see this, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck!

2. jsbrendog says:

well i wont be home from work in time nor can is et my dvr from anywhere but my couch…how about some video online of this momentous occassion tomorrow?

3. Andy In Sunny Daytona says:

I’m sure it won’t, but this won’t jeopardize your relationship with the Yes Network will it?

4. Mike says:

I will definitely check you guys out. I hope this added publicity allows you to work on the site full time. As a current law student, I completely understand you not wanting to pursue that career; specially if you can write about the Yanks for a living. Good luck.

5. pat says:

Please be doing this interview in front of a mock up of your mothers basement.

6. dan says:

Yea hi, this is Bill Lumbergh. Yea I’m gonna need you to go ahead and switch this to 9 o’clock tonight. You see, I have a test right when this is on, so if you could just move it to 9… that would be great, thanks.

Oh oh, and I almost forgot. Uhh, I’m gonna need you to come in on Sunday too… that would be terrific, OK?

7. [...] Confidence Poll « Quick Stadium hits: RAB on NBC Apr [...]

8. Mike Pop says:

Ben, congrats man. I’ve watched RAB go from big to UUUGGGGgeee! Awesome thing, it’s like watching a kid grow up.

9. Dave M says:

Don’t forget us little guys when you make it big.

10. Patrick says:

Congrats on the press. :)