May

The problem with starting All-Star balloting early

The All-Star game is in mid-July. So why start balloting in April? Search me. MLB has apparently decided that this is the best course of action. The problem, of course, is that only the Opening Day starters got on the ballot, leaving guys like Nick Swisher high and dry. That’s a shame, because if Lastings Millidge belongs on the ballot, so does Nicky S. Thankfully, a group of Yanks fans have banded together to raise awareness for this cause. It’s the aptly-titled VoteSwisher.com. Head over there and get all the info to write in Nick on the ballot. With our forces combined we can get him more write-in votes than Ron Paul.

Categories : Asides

1. Yankeegirl49 says:

As have I!

2. Matt ACTY says:

I’ve already voted for him once. I’ll be sure to do it 20 more times. Then make up a fake e-mail address and do it from there as well. Go Swisher.

3. Kid Moe says:

Hasn’t been posted here yet but LA Times is reporting Manny tested positive for a drug test and will be suspended 50 games.

4. yankees=warriors says:

I did it before they started the website!

5. With our forces combined we can get him more write-in votes than Ron Paul.

Ron Paul received 19,852 votes. I hope we can top that! Come on, Yankee fans.

6. JimT says:

Why would you want Nick Swisher to be on an All Star team?

7. Pettitte's Stare says:

Can we please all vote for Manny to be on the All-Star Team to show what a sham it actually is for fan’s to vote for the All-Stars? It is a popularity contest not who is actually the best.

8. Ian says:

I think its smart to start balloting 2 months before the game, because it promotes the game and telecasts to fans. When they actively are filling out ballots and writing in Swisher and such, it increases their likelyhood that they will watch the game.