Fan Confidence Poll: September 21st, 2009By
Record Last Week: 3-3 (27 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 95-55 (856 RS, 705 RA), 5.0 games up
Opponents This Week: @ Anaheim (3 games), vs. Boston (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started off with a makeup game against those pesky Angels, but the Yanks turned the tables and beat them at their own game.
- The Jays teed off against Sergio Mitre in the series opener on Tuesday, but the story of the game was the bench clearing brawl. Jorge Posada and Shelley Duncan were each suspended for their roles in the mayhem. Frankie Cervelli powered the team to a walk-off win the next night.
- Ichiro stunned the Yanks and Mariano Rivera by hitting a walk-off bomb to start off their series in Seattle, but thankfully CC Sabathia and Mark Teixeira led the team to a blowout rebound win Saturday. Joba Chamberlain finished the series off yesterday by getting bombed again.
- Andy Pettitte experienced some shoulder fatigue, but lucky he’ll make his start tonight. David Robertson is doing well as he rehabs from some elbow trouble.
- Down in the minors, both Short Season Staten Island and High-A Tampa won their respective league titles, although Triple-A Scranton fell short in their bid to repeat as Governor’s Cup Champions. Ian Kennedy, just a few outs month from having surgery to remove and aneurysm, was recalled after the series, as was Juan Miranda.
- We found out that the Yanks will start and end the 2010 season in Fenway Park, and we also got word on ticket prices for next year as well.
- Last, but certainly not least, the blogfather Pete Abraham is moving on to The Boston Globe in a few weeks. I know I’m not alone in wishing him the best. His tireless coverage will be sorely missed.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.