Fan Confidence Poll: September 28th, 2009By
Record Last Week: 5-1 (30 RS, 19 RA)
Season Record: 100-56 (883 RS, 724 RA), 8.5 games up, clinched AL East, best record in AL, best record in MLB
Opponents This Week: vs. Kansas City (3 games), @ Tampa (3 games)
Top stories from last week:
- After a disappointing series loss in Seattle, the Yanks headed south to LAnaheim to try to exorcise their demons against the Angels. After dropping the first game on Monday thanks to some questionable bullpen moves, the Yanks picked up a much needed and hard fought win the next night, clinching a playoff spot in the process. AJ Burnett was strong and Ian Kennedy returned as the Yanks picked up the series win on Wednesday.
- Joba Chamberlain kicked off a rather meaningless series against Boston (as meaningless as a Yanks-Sox series can be, anyway) with his best start in months, while Alex Rodriguez & Co. pounded Jon Lester. CC Sabathia was the man yet again the next day, then a clutch two-run single by Hideki Matsui gave the Yanks the sweep, the division, and home field advantage.
- The start by Burnett was big because he had been a bit of a concern of late, and the same goes for Joba, who wasn’t guaranteed a spot in the playoff rotation. Sabathia has received some extra rest lately to keep him fresh for October.
- David Robertson hoped to return from his elbow issue in time for the Sawx series, but it wasn’t meant to be. It looks like he’ll get into a game against the Royals, though.
- Top 2007 international signee Kelvin DeLeon was named the second best prospect in the Rookie level Gulf Coast League.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.