Oct

Fan Confidence Poll: October 19th, 2009

Record Last Week: 2-0 (8 RS, 4 RA)
Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games
Opponents This Week: ALCS Game 3 @ Anaheim (Monday), Game 4 @ Anaheim (Tuesday), Game 5 @ Anaheim (Thursday, if necessary), Game 6 (Saturday, if necessary), Game 7 (Sunday, if necessary)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Mike Pop says:

Nine.

2. Confidence Level: 27.

I’m going to the park today. Who’s with me?

3. yankeegirl49 says:

Was gonna go to the stadium, but friends decided to go to ESPN Zone, so that is where I will be.

4. Mike Axisa says:

Dude, dead serious. Just watching ESPN, they showed a clip advertising today’s game on ESPN Radio, and every clip showed the Angels doing something well (getting a hit, stealing a base) or the Yankees doing something bad (A-Rod popping up, Mo giving up a hit).

What the hell?

5. Jake H says:

I’m at at 9. But I have to work today and it’s going to be very hard not to check the net to see the score. I’m taping the game so hopefully I can hold on til I get home. That game will hopefully be over for an hr before I get home.

6. Lefty says:

Can’t freakin’ watch the game. Got work till 5:30 then class at 6. But you bet your ass I’ll be listening to it via MLB at bat on my phone… And I can listen to the Yankees’ broadcast so I’m not stuck with the asses from ESPN. I’ll just be stuck with Waldman and Sterling… Sigh…

7. Lefty says:

Hey Mike, because I probably won’t be able to be around for the chat, or at least most of the chat this afternoon, wanna ask you or your take… Provided that te Phillies indeed beat LA, who would you feel more comfortable pitching games 3 and 4 in philly if we’re: up 2-0, down 0-2, or tied 1-1?

• Lefty says:

I mean I know all three cogs will get a turn in Philly, but just wondering…

• Lefty says:

I’d rather see Pettite then Sabathia just because they are two lefties, and It would give us a better shot at taking both from them in their own ballpark, not to mention I’d rather burnett start game 2 at home then pitch ame 3 away… As Andy winning followed by CC winning would really set the tone fir game 5 in the event that we actually lose a game at home…

• Mike Axisa says:

Definitely Pettitte. Lefty vs all those lefties, plus he’s better on the road. I trust AJ more against the DH.

8. JohnC says:

Anyone see MLB Network ran game 5 of the 2004 ALCS yesterday. That should be a painful reminder that this series is far from over. Just watching some of that game and the breaks the Sox got back then I just knew that that series was turning. Matusi with the bases loaded in the 6th crushes a line drive from Pedro that just hung up long enough for Trot Nixon to get it before it hit the ground. And of course, Tony Clark’s shot in the 9th inning that bounced into the seats in right field that prevented Sierra from scoring the go ahead run.

9. Kiersten says:

I’m going back on my word and voting a 10. There is no stopping this team. They’ve played like absolute garbage (minus the pitching) the past 2 games and still managed to beat the 2nd-best team in baseball. The 3 other teams might as well go home now.

10. dkidd says:

i was at an 8

then i punched that 8 in it’s face and it fell down and became bruised infinity

i’m going to the park today. are people meeting up?

11. Jon says:

Does anyone know if they are going to do this for tomorrows game as well? I planned to go to the Hard Rock at the stadium and watch the game.

Ive actually never been to the Hard Rock, do i need to call in advance and make reservations or what?

12. Rey22 says:

Seriously, how annoying do you have to be to come into the website and vote a 1. C’mon…

10!

13. I’m going to the Stadium. Who’s coming with me?

14. Rose says:

Interesting Fact: Alex Rodriguez is 5 for 15 against Weaver with 4 home runs. Robinson Cano is 6 for 15 off Weaver with a triple. Although everybody else is pretty bad against him…

15. JSquared says:

Wow, Aj Pierzynski is an even bigger loser than i thought…

16. pollo says:

Oh for all that’s going to the stadium:

I called the stadium up to see if we can bring backpacks/laptop bags (my gf wanted to bring her backpack and I wanted to bring my laptop since were coming from the NYPL) and they said they’re treating this as a playoff game so NO BACKPACKS OR LAPTOP BAGS.

Just a little fyi in case any of you are coming from work bringing a messenger bag or something.

17. Mike Pop says:

Four hours and fifty-three minutes.

18. I voted a 9.

Also, who’s going today, I’m starting to lean towards it…wonder if stan’s will be open pregame?

19. vin says:

I’m 6 wins away from a 10. I’ve been at a 9 since August.

20. Bob Stone says:

I voted 10 again this week. You have to like how the 2009 Yanks win late and often, even when they haven’t played exceptionally well.

I have to believe that the offense in going to come alive between now and the end of the World Series (even though they’re facing much better pitching, on average, than in the regular season). When that happens, combined with the excellent pitching we’ve been witnessing, LOOK OUT! We are going to see some blow outs.

I don’t believe it’s a forgone conclusion that the Yanks will win it all (with all due respect to tsjc et. al. that keep telling us that) and, in general, don’t believe that any squad is a “team of destiny” or fated to win. But I can’t remember a Yankee team that has such a “will to win” or strong belief that they are never out of a game.

Today’s game is going to be a great test of the Yankees mettle. I can’t wait until the first pitch this afternoon.

21. Kiersten says:

Just read this:

“Chew on this nugget: When the Yankees are tied after seven innings — that’s TIED, not AHEAD — their record is a big, fat 17-0.

17 AND ZERO.”

I’d really love to know how many, if any, teams have been perfect when tied after 7 innings.

22. tim randle says:

voted a 10. 17-0 is a very telling stat.

as an ugly aside, i missed a few days of RAB, and my feet hurt because of it.

a comment i needed to make:

Mike Nitabach says:
    October 16th, 2009 at 6:39 pm
    [Unread Comment]

Do you sing the national anthem and GBA when you go to the movies?

Yes Mike, I have sung the national anthem about 20 times at movies, and THOUSANDS if not tens of thousands of others sing the national anthem at every movie they see.

their called members of the united state military. i guess you arent one, because then you would have known the national anthem is played at the beginning of every movie showed at every official movie theater–where your post be fort stewart, 29 palms, giebelstadt, camp cedar, or FOB speicher, you want to see a movie, you sing the song.

many, many servicemembers appreciate the singing of the national anthem at sports events, and when moments of silence are offered in the their support. many dont care, although while i dont know that i know any that are offended, i’m sure there are a few–the military is a pretty good cross-section of our country’s demographic.

play ball!

23. Riddering says:

Take a look at the results so far.

Positive posse is taking over.