Record Last Week: 2-0 (8 RS, 4 RA)
Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games
Opponents This Week: ALCS Game 3 @ Anaheim (Monday), Game 4 @ Anaheim (Tuesday), Game 5 @ Anaheim (Thursday, if necessary), Game 6 (Saturday, if necessary), Game 7 (Sunday, if necessary)
Top stories from last week:
- Before the ALCS even began, the Yankees were favored to win their matchup against the Angels in the spreadsheetiverse. Despite all the speculation, the Yanks made just one small change to their playoff roster, swapping out Eric Hinske for Fast Freddy Guzman. One person who is not allowed to be around for the ALCS is Ronan Tynan, who made some anti-Semitic remarks.
- After four long off days, the Yanks rode the broad shoulders of CC Sabathia to a convincing Game One win. Some second guessed the move to bring Sabathia back out for the 8th, but that’s exactly what the Yanks are paying him for and why he’s the anti-Unit.
- Despite the threat of rain, the Yankees and Angels played Game Two on Saturday and continued well into early Sunday, when Jerry Hairston Jr. crossed the plate on another Angels’ screw up. The Yanks were unable to take advantage of Mike Scioscia’s curious decision to start Joe Saunders, but they prevailed because the little guys helped too.
- The team announced late yesterday that they’ll go for the kill and start Sabathia on three day’s rest in Game Four tomorrow.
- On the offseason front, we’ve heard the first of what should be many rumors about the Yanks and Matt Holliday, as well as Japanese lefty Yusei Kikuchi. We also heard some talk about Kevin Towers and Rick Peterson possibly joining the organization, but it’s probably a long shot.
- Unsurprisingly, the Bombers were involved in the the five most watched games broadcast on FOX this season. And they say the Yankees are bad for baseball.
- Austin Jackson was ranked the second best outfield prospect in the Triple-A International League.
- If you’re around today, you can go to the Stadium to check out Game Three on the big screen.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.