Oct

It’s not like anyone buys AL championship gear anyway

If you want that hat, it’s available at the MLB.com shop. Why they’re making it available before the series is over, I have no idea. Then again, I don’t know anyone who would buy an AL Champions hat. But, if you want it, there it is.

Hat tip FanHouse.

Categories : Playoffs

1. Oy.

Stop trying to jinx us.

2. Ams223 says:

My question remains… If we make it to the series, does our world series hat have the stadium patch on back and the ws logo on the side?

3. Hova says:

So they have a Yankee hat for sale but no Angels? Someone at MLB Shop definitely trying to pull off a jinx.

4. Mike Axisa says:

I actually have a 2001 AL Champions shirt. No joke.

5. bonestock94 says:

I just browsed the Angels section and found nothing but division champion gear. lol..

6. Joseph M says:

Coming to a Big Lot near you.

7. Arman Tamzarian says:

I suppose if your a perennially crappy team, you would celebrate an ALCS victory?

8. LiveFromNewYork says:

Remember the Patriot undefeated tee shirts? Aiyiyi.

9. pat says:

GOddamn it I just want to win today. Can’t deal with a game 7. Must win today.

10. mustang says:

Halo Heaven :

This is obvious evidence of the conspiracy between the Yankees, MLB and the media.

• Tank the Frank says:

Halos Heaven:

Unlike Yankees fans, many Angels fans do not have to dust off some old yellowing history book to relive their team’s great moments – our greatness is not locked in some vault, the Angels are achieving their greatest moments right before our very eyes!

Yesterday, the 2009 Angels became only the 2nd Angels team to surpass the 101 victory hurdle.

Except that THIS VERY YANKEES TEAM they are playing won more games than that in the regular season.

It’s really sad when you are celebrating going over 100 wins and using that as an example of your “greatness” when the team that has to “dust off some old history book” for their greatest moments already beat you to that win total before the regular season was over.

Halos Heaven = FAIL

• mustang says:

“Unlike Yankees fans, many Angels fans do not have to dust off some old yellowing history book to relive their team’s great moments”

Is 1996 that long ago? Damn I’m older then I though.

What the Angles have done:
        Major league titles
        World Series titles (1) 2002
        AL Pennants (1) 2002
        West Division titles (8) 2009 • 2008 • 2007 • 2005 • 2004
        1986 • 1982 • 1979
        Wild card berths (1) 2002

What the Yankees have done since 1996:
        World Series titles 2000 • 1999 • 1998 • 1996
        AL Pennants 2003 • 2001 • 2000 • 1999
        1998 • 1996
        East Division titles ( 2009 • 2006 • 2005 • 2004
        2003 • 2002 • 2001 • 2000
        1999 • 1998 • 1996

The Yankees have produced more great moments for me as fan since 1996 then Angles have for their fans in a lifetime.

11. Januz says:

I hate to say it, but it looks like Angels in seven. They way they blew game 5 reminds me of 2004.

12. mike jones says:

Anyone know what time batting practice starts tonight?

13. mustang says:

Didn’t the Red Sox get Fenway ready for the 2003 World Series before game 7 of the 2003 ALCS?

14. Jose says:

Why would I buy that hat? I already own this one: http://i38.tinypic.com/21mvnuw.jpg

15. Mr. Max says:

I can’t believe the game isn’t til 8:20. It’s gonna be 1:20 here in England!

16. Drew says:

I make the Yankee ALCS hat more famous than a Yankee can.

/Jay-Z’d

17. I need the Yankees to win tonight because I have somewhere to be tomorrow evening.

18. JobaJr says:

Accu-Score is calling for the Yankees to win tonights game, with a 57% chance.

And just for the record, they’ve called every game correctly this series.

19. LiveFromNewYork says:

Are we going to fill the Stadium tonight? I know at least 4 people who had tickets to last night’s game and can’t go tonight.

• mustang says:

That place is going to be OUT OF CONTROL !!!

This is the best weather at the Stadium the whole series. They would have to rip the tickets from my cold dead hands for me not to go tonight.

Think a chance to watch the Yankees clinch their first AL Pennant at the New Stadium. That’s something to tell your grandchildren about.

• Swisha Claus says:

There are only 489 total tickets left on Stubhub for tonight. Only 35 tickets in Legends Suites for sale. I would take that as a sign that attendence will be pretty healthy tonight.

20. ADam says:

Totally Jinxed… we’re done…. Better show the angels version to even out any bad Karma…

21. Captain Bawls says:

On the plus side, if you buy this hate and the Angels come back to win the series, you’ll have a connection to many African children you wouldn’t have had otherwise.

22. LiveFromNewYork says:

That graphic gives me the heebe jeebees I wish it wasn’t there!!

23. Joebrah says:

Speaking of jinxes, in Arizona, during the Cowboys game, they aired a commercial saying of the local sports guy, Jude LaCava, saying “World Series set. Preview Yankees/Phillies Game 1, Wednesday”.

Now, I’m no Sherlock Holmes, but I think they probably have these taped beforehand, then air the appropriate one after the game.

However, these are not supposed to be shown before the game and I’m wondering if it was an honest mistake or some smartass trying to put the voodoo on the yanks.

24. Av12971 says: