Oct

Watch Game 3 on the big screen in center

I was really hoping the Yankees would do this. They’re opening up the Stadium for Game 3, which will be out in Anaheim. Fan can watch from the Great Hall or field level seats. And yes, concessions will be open, as will NYY Steak and Hard Rock Cafe. Gates open at 3:30 for the 4:13 game. This is pretty damn cool, I have to say, especially for a late afternoon game. Anyone plan to go?

Categories : Asides

1. 27 this year says:

that is a good idea especially since they are not charging.

2. If I didn’t have work, I’d be there. Stupid job.

3. Tank the Frank says:

It’s free?

4. dkidd says:

i’m going!

5. Mike Pop says:

Why would I want to watch it outside in the cold when I could be at home in my heated house?

/Lanny’d

6. RCK says:

I have to work, but I might head up when I get out. Not a bad idea.

7. You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) says:

I’m assuming they are showing it on the big screen in center field. Correct?

8. misterd says:

*****! I would do it but I have work. On a normal day, I’d make it to the stadium just in time for the first pitch, but it’ll be a late day due to union obligations.

9. putt says:

This is very cool. Props to the FO for doing something so fan-friendly. Sure, they’ll make a few bucks in concessions, but I like the spirit it helps create.

10. Ivan says:

Is is free, cuz if it is, then yeah I would certainly go.

11. As everyone said, if this is free, that’s even better. RAB meet up!

12. I’m there. Where are we meeting?

13. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

I have to work tomorrow. But that is the ONLY thing keeping me from being there, that, 1200 miles and a way to get there. Other than those things, I would so be there. Damn it. That game is going to conflict with IPK’s Surprise start tomorrow afternoon. I know what Sophie felt like now.

14. pete says:

my last monday class at Hofstra ends at 3:00. I could probably get there by 5:00. If the weather is good I may actually go. coolio

15. happyyankeefan says:

FUCK I have a midterm from 4-530! but its uptown. Is there admittance through out the whole game? Are they doing it for each game? This is such a dope idea!

16. The Artist says:

The weather should be a bit better than Friday and Saturday

Tomorrow: Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High near 50F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Tomorrow night: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 42F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

17. JGS says:

damn you massive exam tuesday morning!

18. That would be cool if they did this for all post season games. I guess they’ll see how the turnout and how much money they make tomorrow to see if it’s worth it.

They are saying you can watch it in the great hall on that huge tv, which is cool, but are they bringing in seats? Standing for a 3 and a half hour game is retarded.

• The Artist says:

This post reminds me of the old line about NYC residents

“You could give New Yorkers free water and they’ll complain it has no taste”

. . or any of the 5,000 variations on it.

• why? It’s a legit question. But hey, if you go, feel free to stand in the great hall.

• The Artist says:

Because they’re doing this for free, as a thank you gesture to the fans and you’re complaining about it. When someone goes out of their way to do something nice for me, I don’t bitch about it. But I guess everyone isn’t like me.

• Zack says:

No, you’re right. But we’re dealing with Yankee fans and Yankee Stadium- and all season people just want to take shots at them for whatever they can. Rich guys in good seats, they delay games on purpose just for my hot dog money, etc. Instead of people just enjoying the experience and the game they have to look for the negatives. Give somone a free Mercedes and he could find something to complain about.

• Whoa, whoa….let’s not get everyone’s panties in a bunch.

I’m not at all taking a shot at the Yanks, I think this is a great idea, but I was just pointing out that it would be tough to stand for 3 hours, geez.

• owine says:

Field level seats will be open too and the game will be on the center field video board.

19. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

I think “real” fans should sit in the bleachers, with a obstructed view of the screen, just to prove that they are, indeed, a true fan, and not some rich snob who sits in the plushy seats.

20. They should open the Mohegan Sun Bar also, and just treat it like a “real” bar…

21. NC Saint says:

Awesome idea, Yankees!

Less awesome is the weekday afternoon start time for an ALCS game. I will be at work, surreptitiously following the game and looking in to the cheapest way to have Bud Selig killed.

22. Manimal says:

Can I bring a lawn chair and sit in center field?

23. wanger says:

I wonder if the security will be as strict…i would go if i could skip the 10 dollar beers and bring my own

24. BC says:

I would definitely go if I didn’t have class until 4:30…If they do this throughout the playoffs, I would definitely go to atleast one.

25. [...] more here: Watch Game 3 on the big screen in center | River Avenue Blues Categories: Uncategorized Tags: field-level, from-the-great, hall-or-field, hoping-the-yankees, [...]

26. [...] Follow this link: Watch Game 3 on the big screen in center | River Avenue Blues [...]