Fan Confidence Poll: November 16th, 2009By
2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- In the week following the Yankees’ World Series win, we found out that it brings an average GDP growth of 5%. Fans dumped tons of ticker tape at the parade, and tons of money on World Series merchandise.
- Mark Teixeira and Derek Jeter took home some hardware, both winning Gold Gloves and Silver Slugger awards. Meanwhile, the Elias player rankings came out, and Hideki Matsui was noticeably absent.
- The Yankees have five players eligible for arbitration, though they cut two others loose in Josh Towers and Freddy Guzman. The Yanks also have some decisions to make about the upcoming Rule 5 Draft.
- Matsui’s agent starting pumping up his client, even though his knees limit his ability to play the outfield. Scott Boras says Johnny Damon won’t take a hometown discount, though he and his client don’t appear to be on the same page. Andy Pettitte reportedly said he’d like to come back, and the team might be preparing to extend Derek Jeter’s contract. While the Yanks might bring back all three of their major free agents, they won’t extend manager Joe Girardi just yet.
- As expected, the Yankees were linked to several prominent players available in either trades or as free agents. They’re expected to inquire about Roy Halladay, and may have interest in Curtis Granderson. The Yanks supposedly have interest in John Lackey, though the case against him came two years ago. The market for free agent outfielders is pretty good, but the same can’t be said for setup men.
- Thankfully, it looks like Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes won’t have significant innings limitations in 2010.
- The demolition permit for the Old Stadium has been issued, and the building should be down by next summer. Meanwhile, the first season of the new Metro-North stop was a success.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.