Fan Confidence Poll: November 9th, 2009By
Record Last Week: 1-1 (13 RS, 11 RA)
Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- With a chance to wrap up the Fall Classic, the Yanks lost Game Five after AJ Burnett imploded even though his track record on short rest was good. Despite the fact that their gameplan backfired, fans remained optimistic.
- Prior to Game Six, it was officially announced (to no one’s surprise) that Andy Pettitte would get the ball on short rest. The team also announced that Burnett would be available out of the bullpen if need be. Ramiro Pena replaced the injured Melky Cabrera on the roster.
- Despite all the concerns about Pettitte starting on three days’ rest, the Yankees took Game Six thanks to the amazing Hideki Matsui. The win gave them the franchise’s 27th World Championship, the first time a team won the World Series with a 35-yr old shortstop in over 50 years.
- It turns out that Mariano Rivera was nursing an injury the whole time. Brian Cashman also made sure to thank everyone behind the scenes. The parade was amazing, as you’d expect.
- World Series ratings jumped 42% from last year.
- We had some very light rumors at the end of the week, and most expect to see Pettitte back in pinstripes next year. Hideki Matsui, on the other hand, ruled out a return to Japan. Bobby Abreu re-signed with the Angels, setting the market for Johnny Damon. Jon Heyman mentioned that the Yanks may be willing to go two years for Johnny.
- Chien-Ming Wang will visit Dr. Andrews today to see how his surgically repaired right shoulder is progressing.
- RAB readers voted Damon’s double steal in Game Four their favorite moment of the postseason, aside from winning the whole thing, of course.
- Derek Jeter might be getting a bridge named after him, which is cool.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.