I’ve been intentionally been delaying my first fantasy football update this season, because frankly it’s been pretty bad for me. After a nice 2-1 start, I’ve since lost five of six, and I have just one of the 44 highest scoring players in the league. The main reason for my struggles are the hurt and/or underperforming Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, who I figured were good for double digit points on a weekly basis. Free agent pickup Nate Burleson has been my second best offensive player, and Ahmad Bradshaw has emerged as my second RB behind MJD.
Chad Pennington got hurt and Mark Sanchez wasn’t cutting it, so I swapped Knowshown Moreno for David Garrard. If that’s not enough, I have to face the teams currently ranked first and second in the league over the next two weeks, and I’ll face three of the top four teams in the next five weeks. Yippee. 2009 has not been kind of my fantasy teams, but if that’s the price I have to pay for the Yankees winning the World Series, then so be it.
Anyway, here’s your open thread for the night. None of the local teams are in action, so you’re stuck finding your own entertainment. Talk about whatever you want, just be cool. You can see the full fantasy football league standings are after the jump.
- Dirty Mark Sanchez, 8-1-0, 887.96 points
- JSBrendog (rocks), 7-2-0, 948.92
- Right Field Porches, 6-3-0, 967.92
- Greg Fertel, 5-4-0, 1006.52
- Tommie’s Champions, 5-4-0, 898.10
- Tommie’s Challenger, 5-4-0, 860.44
- baseballbackyet?, 5-4-0, 827.58
- The Highlanders, 5-4-0, 796.28
- Jamal G., 4-5-0, 920.20
- Vick Works at Petco, 4-5-0, 836.82
- grgoyldef2, 4-5-0, 817.42
- COLE†rain™, 3-6-0, 824.74
- Manimal, 3-6-0, 781.82
- Mike A., 3-6-0, 734.50
- Ken Phelps, 3-6-0, 657.30
- Kendra’s Basketts, 2-7-0, 696.88