Fan Confidence Poll: December 21st, 2009By
2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees reached an agreement with former pinstriper Nick Johnson on a one year deal, filling the DH vacancy. Johnson still needs to take a physical for the deal to be made official, and the team is gambling on his health.
- The addition of Johnson seemingly spelled the end of Johnny Damon‘s tour in pinstripes, though he did overplay his hand. Damon did try to come back at the last minute, and right now the Yanks have a bit of a hole in left. Even though they checked in on Jason Bay, they aren’t interested in signing him.
- World Series MVP Hideki Matsui signed with the Angels, not wanting to wait around for the Yankees. He will surely be missed.
- Chien-Ming Wang‘s agent said his client may not sign for months, and the Yankees will likely match any offer the sinkerballer receives. There are plenty of other pitching options out there, but only Ben Sheets and Justin Duchscherer make sense for the Yanks. The team is trying to set up a private workout for Aroldis Chapman, and if someone is added to the staff, one of Joba Chamberlain or Phil Hughes will start 2010 in the bullpen.
- The Yankees’ biggest rival made a pair of big free agent signings, as the Red Sox added John Lackey and Mike Cameron. The Phillies, meanwhile, traded for Roy Halladay. When the dust cleared, the Yanks were in a pretty good situation.
- Alex Rodriguez avoided a second, more intrusive hip surgery, while Mariano Rivera was named The Sporting News’ Pro Athlete of the Year.
- Baseball America ranked Jesus Montero the Yankees’ top prospect, which should have surprised no one.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)