2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- We heard the Yanks were looking to add a starter earlier in the week, and by Monday night we found out they were getting close to a deal. They ended up bringing back Javy Vazquez (along with lefty reliever Boone Logan) in exchange for Melky Cabrera and two prospects. The team may look to move Chad Gaudin and/or Sergio Mitre now.
- The trade of Melky makes the hole in leftfield a bit more obvious, though there were rumblings they were talking to Reed Johnson. Xavier Nady could also be an option, if the team is willing to gamble. Matt Holliday, Jason Bay, and Johnny Damon appear to be too pricey, though Mark DeRosa might be a fit.
- In addition to landing Vazquez, the Yankees also finalized their deal with Nick Johnson, which could be worth as much as $14.5M over two years. Catcher Mike Rivera and outfielder Javi Herrera were brought in on minor league deals.
- Derek Jeter was named the Daily News’ New Yorker of the Year, while GM Brian Cashman was named Major League Executive of the Year.
- Baseball America ranked Jesus Montero as the fifth best prospect in all the land.
- The Bombers were hit with a $25.69M luxury tax bill.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.