Fan Confidence Poll: December 7th, 2009By
2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- Following the front office’s meeting with ownership, word got out that the Yankees will trim payroll in 2010. They also declined to offer any of their free agents arbitration (which I predicted), and that could be a sign of things to come.
- Halladay Zone: The Blue Jays’ ace set a Spring Training deadline for any trade, and it’s possible the Yanks will look at him as a one year option.
- Aside from Halladay, the Yanks are reportedly interested in several other starters, although their first priority is re-signing Andy Pettitte. They also have some interest in Rafael Soriano, ditto Brandon Lyon, however Cashman said he won’t give up a draft pick for a setup man. John Lackey is an outside possibility, though Chien-Ming Wang looks headed for non-tenderland.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the leftfield plans do not include Jason Bay or Matt Holliday. However, there are plenty of other options out there, including Mike Cameron. The Yankees won’t consider Hideki Matsui’s marketability they trying to re-sign him, though the Mets reportedly have some interest in him.
- Marco Scutaro joined the Yanks’ biggest competitor, while possible leftfield option Chone Figgins is on his way to Seattle.
- Former Padres’ GM Kevin Towers is “leaning towards” joining the Yanks’ front office.
- The Yanks farm system was again ranked middle of the pack, though they added Taiwanese infielder Fu-Lin Kuo.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.