Dec

Fan Confidence Poll: December 7th, 2009

2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Jake H says:

10 until players really start moving.

2. I’ll go with a nine.

3. A.D. says:

though the Mets reportedly have some interest in him.

Heyman tweeted that this isn’t going to happen…whatever that is worth.

4. Mattingly's Love Child says:

I’m down to an 8….I’m concerned about the shitty options for left field combined with the team’s stated desire to cut payroll….

• I’m not so concerned about the cutting payroll thing. After all, they could field pretty much the exact same team as last year and still be under last season’s payroll. Even if they come back, there’s no way Damon or Matsui will be making $13MM.

• Mattingly's Love Child says:

I know. My thought though is that there isn’t anyone that is a perfect fit for LF….. Damon was horrendous out there last year. If Melky’s out there, then the offense will suffer a bit. I hate the idea of bringing in either Bay or Holliday (not to mention they don’t really fit into that cutting costs idea).

I guess the cutting payroll really doesn’t apply much, no sense spending money if there isn’t anyone worth spending it on. I’m just not 100% sold on bringing back Damon or Matsui or both. They seem to be the lesser of many evils, but I’m not sure it will be enough to help them get back to the WS.

• CountryClub says:

They cut payroll last yr and that turned out fine. I wouldn’t worry too much about this.

5. 10 with a bullet.
    I love how the poll has slipped for 5 weeks in a row. HATERS.

6. In Girardi We Trust says:

I went with 8. Left field is a concern for me too, Damon is hard to watch out there. Also Hughes and Jobas performance as starters could be hairy.

7. king of fruitless hypotheticals says:

I’m still thinking bringing back these three vets would be pretty good…a little more of moving melky to left and The Landscaper to center in late innings (and Nick Swisher teaches him how to leave his bat on his shoulder in spring training…yes, i’m asking for a lot, but dammit–these are the Yankees!). Matsui plays four, maybe five days a week. One of the new youngins takes Bruney’s spot–I’ll let Towers tell us which one. Arod’s hip improves, and we have an even better record than last year.

For my mouth to Mo’s ears.

8. T-Dubs says:

Bruney + prospects for Lowe. Any interest?

9. Bob Stone says:

I’m at a 9 again. There are too many unknowns right now to be higher. Sign Pettitte, Damon and Matsui to reasonable deals and I’m back close to 10.

10. Doug says:

find it interesting that the average rating has gone down consistently throughtout the offseason

11/16: 9.03
    11/23: 8.77
    11/30: 8.69
    12/07: 8.59

11. Confidence Level: 10.

If we trade for Roy Halladay, my confidence level will drop to a 9.

12. Mike Pop says:

Nine. Things are great right now for the Yankees, but could be a bit better.

13. Rose says:

I guess my vote depends on what the “Confidence” is pertaining to. Is it the confidence I have in the current team at the moment? Is it confidence regarding moves we’re going to make?

Right now I put my Fan Confidence at N/A.

14. OldYanksFan says:

I’m not sure when the ‘Future’ ends, but my concerns are 2013 and beyond, when ARod and Jeter are seriously old, when Teix and CC are approaching a decline phase, and these FOUR players alone are costing $90m+/yr.

And not having Mo anymore will be hard to swallow.
    He is the most difficult player to replace in kind.
    (Well, impossible to replace ‘in kind’, but ya get my drift).

15. PaaakmaaaN says:

I don’t know about you guys…but i’d lovee to get Rafael Soriano

16. Riddering says:

Confidence level: 10. Cashman’s gonna fill the holes gently and with obvious experience.