Fan Confidence Poll: January 11th, 2010By
2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees avoided arbitration with righty Sergio Mitre, signing him to a one year, $850,000 contract.
- A potential leftfield option, albeit a far-fetched one, disappeared when Matt Holliday re-signed with St. Louis. Former Yankee mascot Shelley Duncan signed with Cleveland. Johnny Damon is open to a return, however.
- A potential bench piece vanished when Eric Hinske landed in Atlanta, though the Yanks are interested in bringing back utility man Jerry Hairston Jr. and they appear to be in serious talks with him. However, they’re in no rush to find a righty hitting leftfielder, and Brian Cashman said the team was pretty much set.
- Makeup and long-term role concerns had the Yanks out of the Aroldis Chapman sweepstakes, and he ended up getting big money from the Reds. Chien-Ming Wang, meanwhile, will throw off a mound in 6-8 weeks and has had 15 teams express interest in his services.
- The entire coaching staff will return in 2010, and hitting coach Kevin Long has already made the rounds and worked with various players this offseason.
- Former Padres’ GM Kevin Towers is expected to join the front office as a consultant.
- The Yanks’ recent drafts have been middle of the pack, basically, though Zach McAllister is a prospect worth hanging onto.
- The 2011 NHL Winter Classic will not be held at Yankee Stadium, which turned out not to be the bandbox everyone thought it was.
- Derek Jeter is getting married.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.