2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series
Top stories from last week:
- Both Chad Gaudin and Boone Logan avoided arbitration, getting $2.95M (plus incentives) and $590,000, respectively. The Yankees also invited reliever Zack Segovia to Spring Training as a non-roster player.
- Johnny Damon Zone: The two sides began speaking again, and the Yankees presented a low offer to Damon. Jerry Hairston Jr. said the team never made him an offer because they were waiting on Damon’s price to come down. No one’s really sure what Damon thinks he’s going get.
- In case the whole Damon thing doesn’t work out, the Yanks contacted Jim Edmonds, and may or may not have had talks with the Rangers about Nelson Cruz. Despite the lack of experience, the bench isn’t a concern because the Yankees now won’t be the Yankees later. Brett Gardner is looking to step up his game as well.
- Javier Vazquez wants to take it year by year at this point, and there’s a chance the team might even extract some value out of Kei Igawa.
- Based on projections, the Yankees figure to again be a 900 run offense in 2010.
- Alex Rodriguez won the Babe Ruth Award.
- If you haven’t already, please take our Mobile App Survey. The future of RAB is in your hands.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.