Feb

Fan Confidence Poll: February 15th, 2010

2009 Season Record: 103-59 (915 RS, 753 RA), won AL East by 8 games, finished with the best record in MLB by 6 games, won 27th World Series

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the new and improved Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. JSquared says:

10. No Contest.

2. Mattingly's Love Child says:

I’m rocking an 8. If it was just for the team for this year, I’d be at a 10. My concerns are more for the future than anything else. This team is reliant on several old pieces that I worry will eventually slow down (Posada, Jeter, Rodriguez), and I’m not 100% confident that the farm system will have replacements ready yet. But I have loved this off season. Thinking about it more, I probably should have voted 9…..

3. pete says:

I keep flipflopping from a 9 to a 10 and back, but I think I’m going to settle on a 9, just because one or two years down the road that Rays rotation will be terrifyingly good

• scooter says:

CC, AJ, Joba and Hughes might be pretty decent too. We’ll see how the Yankees end up filling out the rotation beyond 2010 – does Javy return? Does Nova or ZMac break out?

Defending world champs? 10, baby

4. Temple of Tao says:

What’s the time horizon? “Future” is pretty vague (not to mention unknowable). Even three years ago, did you think we’d have CC Sabathia and Mark Texeira on our roster? I doubt it.

• Mattingly's Love Child says:

I’ve been coveting Mark Teixeira for years, you weren’t?

• king of fruitless hypotheticals says:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife. Coveting Tex, not so bad. Coveting Tex’s wife, as long as he doesn’t see you and can’t get within about 5′ with a Louisville Slugger in his hands, also not so bad.

10 Commandments, expanded version.

• pete says:

i’m not worried about the yanks’ future in terms of them sustaining their excellence for this very reason. What I am worried about, though, is how good other teams in the division figure to become. Two years down the road I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Orioles sitting comfortably around .500 every year, with the Sox and Rays both in that upper echelon that the yankees certainly can’t be expected to consistently top. I think the high level of competition amongst each other and out of Baltimore could actually even reduce the overall win totals for the division to a point where the wildcard is unwinnable out of the AL-East.

5. bonestock94 says:

9, pretty much the way I’ve been voting since last spring. Obviously the future is a concern, but you can’t have it both ways. Proven star FA’s > early round picks that can fizzle out.

6. Riddering says:

Joba and Hughes throwing side by side = confidence levels off the chart.

7. ADam says:

As long as everyone breaks to camp healthy… 10

8. Evilest Empire says:

Still a 10. Still wish it could be an 11 or a 28. Still smelling terrific.

9. bexarama says:

Multiple people voted 3 and 1? o_O

10. Bob Stone says:

Nine again for the same reasons as every week since the World Series. The present looks very bright with only a few question marks about the future.

I can’t wait for Spring Training. We’re almost there.