Mar

A bedroom fit for a Yankee fan

A long-term RAB reader e-mailed me this week with a note about his son’s bedroom. Craig had just redone his 14-year-old son’s bedroom, and the family went with a Yankee theme. So as we await the two weeks until Opening Day to pass us by, check out these photos. The only better room would be one that replicates the Yankees’ locker room.

And then go outside. It’s far too nice out in the New York area to spend Saturday indoors, March Madness be damned.

Categories : Whimsy

1. Rogue Trader says:

This is amazing, I always wanted something like this when i was younger. Nice.

2. Darrelle Edwards says:

It’s a neat idea for a 14-year old kid, but how’s he going to feel bringing a girl there in a couple of years?

• Stryker says:

hahahahahaha +1

• Tank the Frank says:

Exactly what I was thinking. When I was 12/13, my dad did my room up in a jungle theme (I know, I know). The wall was brown, there were pics of African animals everywhere, the lamp was a wooden giraffe, the bedsheets were all zebra or leopard print.

Of course I liked it for maybe a year. Then I spent the next two years or so covering everything up with heavy metal posters and girls in bikinis.

Lost my virginity at 15…but it took some effort.

• Jamal G. says:

I thought the same at first, but with the graffiti art, it shouldn’t be an issue.

• mustang says:

When you have skills does the room really matter?

3. This is kinda cool, it just screams “sweet 16″ mtv birthday.

4. Accent Shallow says:

Now is that rug actual grass from YSII?

5. Kyle says:

This kid is also on “My Super Sweet-Sixteen.” Ridiculous.

6. Jake H says:

There is a show called the property ladder which did something like this for a 8 year old kid. The host even got them into new Yankee stadium along with meeting players. They got signed stuff from players.

7. WizardLizard says:

Is that Gerrit Cole’s bedroom?

8. ledavidisrael says:

How do you clean the grass? Does he have to trim it? Can he grow other plants in their? Where is this home owner these questions must be answered.

9. OH MY GOD.

That’s insane. I didn’t get a choice when my room was redone. Florals. ycch.

10. Senor A. Boy says:

That is freaking awesome.

11. Yankeegirl49 says:

Hell, Im an adult and I want this to be MY room!!

12. ultimate913 says:

8/10

Lack of flat screen tv in room to watch Yankee games.

13. tommydee2000 says:

Can they adopt me?

14. alnkdawld says:

No TV? Wtf is the point… 3/10

15. jmas12 says:

Should have had the facade lace the molding on the ceiling. Of course that likely would have cost another 5 grand, but still pretty sweet.

16. iYankees says:

That room would be cool without any Yankee items in it.

17. Snelj says:

This bedroom is more fit for a 7 year old than a 14 year old. Creepy.

• Drew says:

Heh, well, my brother is 11 and I think it would be okay for him for a few years..

• hotmama says:

7 yr. old? You’re crazy!! There are many “cutesie” yankee rooms for little boys. This is the perfect Teenage, young adult room. Copying it for my 14 yr. old and doing similiar but with a Phillie theme for my 17 yr. old.

18. I want that. I’m 20.

19. vin says:

Pretty sweet.

Next dwelling… Garden Apartment, like a good Yankee fan.

20. Cecala says:

The kid might outgrow the themed room but definitely keep those neon lights.

21. Paul Canales says:

That’s awesome.

22. JimmieFoxx says:

I’m 26 years old and I would love for that to be my room.
    I don’t think the room will deter girls, if anything I think it would
    lure girls in, just so they can take a look at it (especially if they’re 14). Girls are curious like that.

23. Dexception32 says:

These are some of the worst posts I’ve ever seen by the RAB community. I have to laugh, “what about when he tries to take a girl back to his place?” Yeah she’ll be heartbroken when she sees he has an organized room, with attention paid to both style, design, and craft and not fifty piles of garbage everywhere, and a bed covered in random patterned messes known as sheets. But “what about the yankee theme?” Oh yeah cuz we totally grow out of our sports team and its horrible to have an instant ice breaker/check my room out factor to invite a girl into. “No TV, room sucks”. Totally right, cuz you can’t ever put an immovable object like a tv in the room once the original structure is in place, or I don’t know make the kid use his own cash or at the very least a christmas gift on such…

24. bryan says:

The room is a little over the top for me with the grass rug and graffiti but overall its pretty decent for a 14 yr old kid’s room.
    The Matsui pillow bummed me out though.

25. JJ says:

Its too planned and antiseptic – it has no DIY feel.

DIY is the way directly to a hip young woman’s heart.

the attempt at “graffiti” makes it even worse.

• hotmama says:

Umm, well, I know this post is almost from a year ago, but as a young woman…..I would think a teenage guy in a room like this was pretty hot and a bit of a turnon! Not at all over the top. The graffiti gives it a true Italian City boy feel, even hotter.

26. jramey says:

he needs a 50 in flat with 500 watts of surround. aka – my downstairs :)

27. Anthony says:

Wow, this is really cool! I’m 25 and I wouldn’t mind haven’t a room like this… wonder how much it cost for the renovations. Really liking the grass rug and the grafitti wall.

28. cereal killer says:

hideki matsui pillows = fail

29. JoeyH says:

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, what does Craig do for a living? And I’m up for adoption!

30. JackISBACK says:

I’m pretty sure women don’t care about how rooms looks, my dorm was a disorganized collection of laundry, bottles, pizza boxes, and video games. Heck the only thing remotely cool in it (besides me ofcourse) was a flat screen TV that I basically took out of my basement when I moved out. And that didn’t stop the ladies, I doubt anything cool like this is going to be much of a problem (unless she’s a baseball fan of some other team).

But yeah, totally cool for someone his age.

• Kiko Jones says:

Women routinely expect a disorganized bedroom from a bachelor and are pleasantly surprised when the opposite is true. But if a kid over the age of 15 invites a girl to a room like this one, she’s probably gonna think “sports version of Dungeons and Dragons” and unless she’s a pink Jeter t-shirt wearing lass, the dude is getting nowhere with her.

31. I want to be rich too.

32. yankees=warriors says:

Damn, I envy his son. My parents wouldn’t even buy a Yankee matress set for me…

33. owine says:

Dear Craig,

Please adopt me, or decorate my bedroom for me. Your choice.

Sincerely,
    owine

34. mike says:

that room is freakin awesome, though the 55 Matsui pillow is out of date. I’d love to have that room

35. ec1015 says:

Wow. Excellent room. The only things missing are a flatscreen TV, a Playstation 3, and a copy of MLB 10: The Show (and a cable or satellite HD receiver to watch all 162 games, of course). Then it will truly be a baseball room. Let’s go Yankees!

36. jimmy says:

What is that desk made of?

37. nicholas says:

nice room where do u think i can get similar stuff for my son since we just got a house and he has his own really big room

38. Chase says:

Where did you get some of the items in that room, because im going to remodel my bedroom soon and i would like to get some stuff like this. Im not a yankees fan but i saw this room on a website and typed it in google, but all i can do is just replace the yankee stuff with my fave team.

Plz Reply!

39. Jacob says:

Was this Yankee’s wall a mural or painting? If a mural can anyone tell me where I can purchase it?