Mar

A-Rod’s rental on the market for $55 million

Here’s a good “You know he’s a rich athlete when” story: Alex Rodriguez‘s condo at 15 Central Park West for which he pays $30,000 per month in rent is on the market for $55 million. The landlord took A-Rod‘s apartment and the place next door, combined them into one giant loft and selling it for that princely sum. Curbed says the price comes out to $10,576 a square foot. Any takers?

Categories : Asides, Not Baseball

1. Steve H says:

I’ll take a square foot.

• Snakes on the mother effin Temple Of Doom says:

I will too, but I won’t pay a dime over $9999.99.

• To be frank, I’m surprised Alex didn’t ACTUALLY sublet one single square foot of his place, time-share style. Think about it.

$1,000 a year gets you one day of one square foot in the corner of, let’s say, Alex’s kitchen. You’re not allowed to go anywhere else in the place or leave that square foot, just stand there and watch him (while he’s in the kitchen or your line of sight). He’s free to engage in conversation with you, but not obligated to. You have to sign a full non-disclosure agreement.

Crazy? Yes. Would some fans actually do it? Yes. Would it stoke Alex’s narcissistic ego that some shlub paid a grand to stand in the corner of his kitchen for a day, watching him mix a MetRx shake and track his stocks on Bloomberg.com for a few minutes? Yes.

What do you get the man who has everything? Sycophantic human furniture, that’s what.

• mustang says:

That’s America baby !!!!

2. If only the subprime mortgage bubble hadn’t burst. I’d be all over that shit.

I’d like to buy that 55M condo. I’ll give you no money down and I’ll take a 60-year ARM with $200 a month interest-only payments for the first 5 years. I offer no collateral, have no references, and wish not to disclose my income.

Thanks. I’ll pick up the keys on Monday.

3. Salty Buggah says:

Can we use monopoly money? If so, then I’ll buy a bunch of games and try to collect $55 million.

(I wonder how much it’ll cost. Seems like it still will be costly, just not nearly as much)

4. bexarama says:

I totally thought that said *A-Rod on the market for $55M” like he’d somehow gone to free agency through some loophole in his contract and my heart flat-out stopped

5. Drew says:

Would they take an IOU? I’m good for it.

6. thurdonpaul says:

So if somebody buys this place A-Rod might be homeless ? Awww, shouldnt we start up a collection for him ?

7. Poopy Pants says:

I work 3 blocks from this apartment. Madonna has a place nearby, too.