Record Last Week: 2-3 (12 RS, 22 RA)
Spring Training Record: 10-13 (95 RS, 131 RA)
Spring Training Schedule This Week: @ Orioles (Mon.), @ Braves (Tues., split squad), vs. Blue Jays (Tues., split squad), vs. Twins (Weds.), @ Blue Jays (Thurs.), vs. Orioles (Fri.), vs. Yankees Prospects (Sat.)
Regular Season Schedule This Week: @ Red Sox (Sunday)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees finally made a decision about their fifth starter’s spot, and it’s going to Phil Hughes. Joba Chamberlain will remain a reliever for the foreseeable future, though GM Brian Cashman sees him as “a starter in the bullpen.” That’s important because they’re going to have to replace Andy Pettitte in the not to distant future.
- In a somewhat surprising move, the Yankees compromised their pitching depth by releasing Chad Gaudin after putting him through waivers.
- The defense projects to be better in 2010, in part because Ramiro Pena has locked up the backup infielder’s job. Curtis Granderson will be the everyday centerfielder while Brett Gardner patrols left.
- Jamie Hoffmann was returned to the Dodgers, and it doesn’t look like they’ll get either of the players they lost in the Rule 5 Draft back.
- The Yanks released nine minor leaguers, though the perpetually injured Chris Garcia has impressed.
- Derek Jeter wants to own a baseball team in the future.
- Bud Selig eliminated an off day in the League Championship Series.
- The upper deck of the Old Stadium is completely gone, and the New Stadium will feature more bike parking.
- The Yanks will get their World Series rings on April 13th, the home opener.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.