Record Last Week: 1-4 (16 RS, 38 RA)
Spring Training Record: 1-4 (16 RS, 38 RA)
Schedule This Week: vs. Phillies (Mon., split squad), @ Pirates (Mon., split squad), vs. Pirates (Tues.) @ Tigers (Weds.) vs. Braves (Thurs.), @ Nationals (Fri.), @ Tigers (Sat., split squad), vs. Orioles (Sat., split squad), @ Pirates (Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees signed a pair of players to minor league contracts: righty John Van Benschoten and infielder Myron Leslie.
- There are some rumblings that Derek Jeter could ask the Yankees for six years when his contract expires after the season, and some think the team should give him an ownership stake in the club.
- Alex Rodriguez will cooperate with federal authorities who are conducting an investigation into Dr. Anthony Galea.
- Nick Johnson was bothered by a stiff lower back after catching a cleat, though he was able to take batting practice and is set to play Monday. He would have been tough to replace if the injury were more serious.
- Backup catcher Frankie Cervelli was hit in the head by a pitch Saturday, and suffered a concussion. There’s still no word on how long he’ll be out.
- The Yankees are heavily interested in Cuban shortstop Adeiny Hechevarria.
- The team went to an arcade for their annual bonding trip, which will hopefully help with their tough early season schedule.
- A calculation error forced players to pay back $10,000 of their World Series share.
- Baseball Prospectus ranked Jesus Montero as the fourth best prospect in the game on their Top 101 Prospects list.
- The upper deck at the Old Stadium is on it’s way down. Meanwhile, the New Stadium will host a boxing match in June.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.