Record Last Week: 5-1 (33 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 9-3 (60 RS, 47 RA), tied with Rays for AL East lead
Opponents This Week: Monday OFF, @ Athletics (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Angels (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- For the first time in 2010, the Yankees played in front of their fans in the Bronx. Of course, they gave out the World Series rings before the home opener on Tuesday. Melky Cabrera and Eric Hinske got theirs a little later on.
- The bats did some major damage after the ring ceremony, giving the Yanks a win in their first home game. Javy Vazquez got booed off the mound while his teammates were handcuffed by Joel Piniero the next day, but Phil Hughes pitched well in his first start of the year on Thursday, giving the Yankees their third series win in as many tries.
- The Rangers came to town next, and CC Sabathia dominated in a rain-shortened win on Friday. A.J. Burnett followed up with a strong performance of his own the next day, and Ramiro Pena cemented the sweep on Sunday.
- Chan Ho Park hit the disabled list after injuring his hamstring while warming up on Thursday. Boone Logan took his spot.
- Curtis Granderson received the Marvin Miller Man of the Year Award.
- There’s not much left of the Old Stadium.
- Ticket sales this year are outpacing last year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.