Apr

Spring Training Health Report: Everyone’s okay

The Yankees suffered a rash of minor injuries in the final week of camp, but they’ll have everyone available when the season begins tomorrow night. To put it succinctly, Jorge Posada‘s stiff neck is fine, Nick Johnson‘s bruised knee is better, Damaso Marte‘s shoulder isn’t cranky, and Al Aceves lower back is a-okay. Frankie Cervelli‘s sore hamstring is good to go as well, and he’ll be available off the bench. Thankfully everyone’s healthy, and the Yanks can start the season with everyone intact.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. ramez hanna says:

thank god ,now we can start the season with 13 wins and 15 losses like the yankees always do

• Zack says:

and 0-3 against the Sox so we can see more “Sox in Yanks Head” stories

• WIlliam says:

On the contrary, at this point, I think it would be fun for the sox to sweep the yankees, after all, we could say “oh, we’re winless against the sox, what happened the last time that happened? refresh my memory?” It’s a win win. (Of course, I’de rather the yankees beat them, I’m just pointing out the sweet silver lining)

2. zzzzzz says:

in the famous words of al bundy, “let’s rock.”

3. David in Cal says:

IMHO this year’s team is better than last year’s, because NJ + Grandy > Matsui + Damon. Vazquez iS big addition. Hughes will be a better starter than Joba was. I expect the Yanks to begin the season 20 wins and 10 losses and never look back.

• Rogue Trader says:

Yup plus an extra month of A Rod, and hopefully a better Teix in april.

119 Wins

I will link back to this post in september.

• Hughes will be a better starter than Joba was

Why do you think this? I’m not trying to sound hostile, so I’m sorry if it’s coming off that way, I’m just curious. Chamberlain has had more sustained success as an SP than Hughes has so I’m just interested in your thought process.

• ROBTEN says:

Hughes will be a better starter than Joba was.

Because Cow In A Meadow™ has just the right combination of low flatulence and calm demeanor that Ol’ Farts-N-Grunts™ always seemed to lack?