May

Aceves reaggravates back injury

On the disabled list with a bulging disc in his back for two weeks now, Al Aceves suffered a bit of a setback today when he felt more pain while working out in Tampa. He cut his work on the field short, and he’s heading back to New York for what I presume is more tests and what not. Aceves felt better after receiving a cortisone shot last week, but apparently it didn’t do enough. The more time he misses and the more setbacks he has, the more likely surgery becomes. Simply as that.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Poopy Pants says:

Of course he did.

/Modern Family’d

2. Rocky says:

And so enters…Sergio Mitre

3. Dela G says:

my goodness

maybe they bring up nova to be the new man with mitre?

4. B-Rando says:

Terrible news :(

5. Sheepmeister says:

Is gaudin still available after the DFA, he could fit well possibly.

• ADam says:

I said that in an earlier post and I got laced for it.. my suggestion is go get gaudin to fill in for mitre and have mitre fill in for Ace

6. DreDog says:

Well that’s a dikfur.

7. ADam says:

gotta go get bullpen help.. no doubt about it now

8. Jon G says:

Hmmm, looks like it’s going to be awhile before we see Aceves back. So it goes over the course of a long season.

I wish they’d finally give Melancon a more extended look than sticking him in the middle of bad games where everybody’s getting hit hard. He certainly has more upside than Logan. And you’d think he has more upside than Mitre. Plus, he’s been throwing extended innings in the minors pretty much his entire career.

The other option is Romolo, who I’d expect they give a look to in Aceves role before Nova, who they may want to leave starting…

Thoughts?