May

Fan Confidence Poll: May 10th, 2010

Record Last Week: 5-1 (42 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 21-9 (178 RS, 111 RA, 22-8 Pythag. record), 0.5 games back
Schedule This Week: @ Tigers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Twins (three games, Fri. to Sun.)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

View Results
Categories : Polls

1. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

I went with a 4 because we lost last night.

/Cry baby fan’d

(Seriously, I went 10, as always.)

• YankFan says:

I was going to say 1 for the same reason.

I went w/ 10, which I’ve been all season. May go down to 9 if the minor injuries don’t stop.

2. A.D. says:

While the sweep would have been nice, I’ll take a 5-1 week any week

3. teddy says:

does anyone have a clue why jesus ain’t playing!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Kiersten says:

Staying strong with a 9.

5. Double G says:

8 only because the injury bug continues to creep along the clubhouse. Once we get our guys healthy again, I’m back to a 9.

6. ADam says:

Ocho, because of injuries… But once the nagging injuries go away the team should be at its full depth chart.

I liked what I saw out of Romulo last night, I hope to see him get a shot in the Detroit or twins series.

7. Link says:

8 for me as always, it would be 9 had we swept and 10 if half the team wasn’t hurt. What are we expecting from Mitre tonight? Oh and is it (Mee-Tray) or (mI-Tur) or something else?

8. Nine. 10 reserved for WS.

But still.

We have Gardner, Cervelli, Thames, Winn playing almost every day and the Yankees are still scoring 3+ runs a game, even when they lose.

Only Granderson and Johnson’s injuries seem to be severe.

The pitching is doing it’s thing.

9. Rose says:

8. Because we’re still winning (5-1 on the week). The injuries are quite a concern though…and expecting guys like Gardner, Cervelli, Thames, Winn, Pena, etc. to continue the way they’ve been playing so far for the rest of the year is kind of wishful thinking but not rational.

But like one of the guys on the radio/tv (i forget) said on Friday night… “As long as they have the 4 guys in the infield healthy…they’ll always have a very good chance to win games and score runs”

The pitching has continued to carry us. When you have those 4 guys in the infield accompanied with the pitching we’ve been seeing (outside of AJ’s start yesterday) you’re still going to be able to win a lot of games. Hopefully Hughes can continue his performance at least until we get some of our better offensive players back.

• Zack says:

“The pitching has continued to carry us”

Well they are on pace to score over 950 runs this season, and even with Granderson and NJ, they still have an excellent lineup.

• Rose says:

You apparently didn’t really read my post and just began looking for something to bitch about. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one to do that…

• Rick in Boston says:

Rose, seriously, stop it with the “I’m being persecuted” schtick. It wore itself out two handles ago.

Did Zack pick on one line? Yes. But that line also flew in the face of everything else you wrote. You say the pitching carried us, but when an offense is scoring as the Yankees are, pitching isn’t carrying anything.

• Zack says:

I just disagreed that the pitching is carrying this team.
          4 of the 5 starters have been great, but the offense is also on pace to score 950 runs.

10. rbizzler says:

Solid niner. Even with a rash of injuries this team is pitching extremely well (obviously, not last night) and scoring a ton of runs.

Does Miranda get the call this week despite his less than stellar numbers in SWB?

11. bexarama says:

9 as pretty much always. I hope all the guys that are dinged up a bit (and/or worse) get better!

12. AndrewYF says:

In light of Hughes’ recent string of absolute dominance, I’m back up to a 9.

13. YankeeScribe says:

In spite of all the injuries. I have no worries about this team… yet.

14. yankthemike says:

going with 8 only because of ( obvious) injury worries. also concerned with Thames playing a significant amount of time in LF. If Andy comes back on schedule we can go back to a nine.

15. dark side of the goon says:

I’m usually at a 7 or 8 but down to a 6 due to injuries. It’s amazing how well they are playing without key people but I still worry that the B lineup can’t sustain the win streaks. I hope I am proved wrong.

16. Jake H says:

10. Why injuries are a concern they did go 5-1 against division opponents. Also it took the bad AJ to lose a game to the Sox this weekend.

17. Paul Canales says:

I’m worried for this particular week with the uncertainty of Mitre and Javy, especially with not a single off day till the 24th. We could possibly get our bullpen burned out in the worst possible way if the games don’t turn out the way we want.

So 7.

18. Beamish says:

Still rolling with the 8 – the sweep might have made it an 8.5

19. MASONfYKS says:

8, because 9 is the highest, there will always be room for improvement, 10 is the actual ceiling.

8 also because 3 starters are healthy 100% and pitching well, excluding the Burnett-Boston Brew-ha-ha. While Pettitte is hopefully fine, Javy will have to prove himself. And the pen hasn’t been all that unhittable.

8 also because our OF is not what it is supposed to be with Granderson out with injury. Thames looks lost. Winn isn’t bad but is a 4th OF at best. In fact we may have 3 4th of 5th outfielders…and maybe 4 for a short period of time.

8 also because our lineup isn’t functioning precisely yet.

and 8 cause Girardi continues to micro-manage situations that don’t call for micro-managing. But I do like Girardi.