Fan Confidence Poll: May 3rd, 2010By
Record Last Week: 4-2 (40 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 16-8 (136 RS, 89 RA, 17-7 Pythag. record), 1.5 games back
Opponents This Week: vs. Orioles (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees visited the White House on Monday, the last bit of celebration left from their 2009 World Championship. After that they headed to Baltimore, though the bullpen coughed up the lead late in the first game of the series. Nick Swisher and CC Sabathia led the team to victory on Wednesday, then A.J. Burnett and Robbie Cano did the same on Thursday.
- The Yanks then returned home for the first time in what seemed like an eternity, and Derek Jeter led the way to a win over the White Sox in the series opener. Javier Vazquez got shelled yet again on Saturday, but Phil Hughes and the offense sealed another series win yesterday.
- Curtis Granderson left Saturday’s game with an injury, and was diagnosed with a Grade II groin strain that will keep him on the shelf for about a month. Alex Rodriguez is dealing with a knee issue, but it’s not considered serious. Jorge Posada suffered a contusion when he took a pitch off the knee in Baltimore, but he’s since returned to his regular catching duties.
- Jeter, Posada, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera, graced the cover of this week’s Sports Illustrated.
- The Yanks signed Dominican righty Erik Olivo.
- Turns out that the Yankees aren’t as hated as they’re made out to be.
- You can take a boat to the New Stadium, though subway ridership to the Stadium was down last year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.