May

Subway Series to decide the fate of the Empire State Building

Via LoHud, the winner of this weekend’s series between the Yankees and Mets will have the Empire State Building lit up in their team colors in what has to be the biggest set of bragging rights ever (both literally and figuratively). For the time being, the city’s largest building will sport blue and white lights on the north and south sides, and blue and orange on the east and west sides. Get a good look Mets’ fans, that’ll be gone in two days.

1. Thomas says:

While obviously I’m biased towards the Yankees, I’d want the Yankees to win because their color scheme is much better. Having a full skyscraper lit up blue and orange would definitely be hard on the eyes .

BTW, I am a Knicks fan, so I do like a team with blue and orange colors, but I still see it as an eyesore.

2. Hughesus Christo says:

The north/south sides are objectively better than the east/west sides. I think we all know that.

3. EvoLuTioN aka Jobamania says:

the only reason this is coming out now because we already took game 1 :D

4. pat says:

We already had the Empire State building lit up in our honor. The moon is the next logical option.

5. Poopy Pants says:

Maybe the govt could just turn off all those lights and pass the savings on to the tax payers?

6. JM says:

How long will it be lit up “in their honor”?

7. 28 this year says:

if the yankees win tonight, do they switch the Mets colors to the Yankees and have blue and white for TWO days?

8. chris says:

Big talk for nothing Mike. Check out the ESB in METS colors and take a big whiff of the Orange and Blue. Lets Go METS

9. PeterB says:

Haha tool! Looks like us Mets fans will have the empire state building in our colors.

Get used to it Yankee fans, because, you’ll be basking in the glow of Mets Royal Blue and Orange next month too.

I don’t think their is any greater satisfaction in life then watching an arrogant Yankee fan(all of them) with egg on their face. Ahhhh! I love the Subway series.

10. Kim says:

Yeah orange and blue what do you know? Let’s go Mets!