Record Last Week: 3-3 (21 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 43-26 (376 RS, 275 RA, 45-24 Pythag. record), one game up
Schedule This Week: @ Diamondbacks (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thursday OFF, @ Dodgers (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off day, the Yankees welcomed the 2009 World Series runner up back to the Bronx and beat Roy Halladay. Alas, they were shut down by Jamie Moyer the next day and Kyle Kendrick the next, though they still remained tied for first place in the AL East after the series.
- The Mets came to town on Thursday, but the Yanks couldn’t muster any offense against Hisanori Takahashi for the second time in four weeks. Phil Hughes picked up his tenth win of the season the next day, and Mark Teixeira sent a grand Tex message to Johan Santana to take the series on Sunday.
- Injury Zone: Sergio Mitre hit the disabled list with an oblique injury, prompting the recall of Boone Logan. Al Aceves was able to throw off a half-mound for the first time. Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada will be day-to-day during the west coast trip in an attempt to protect long-term assets.
- The Yankees signed 2010 first round pick Cito Culver after he backed out of his commitment to Maryland. Baseball America gave the Yanks a 1.95 GPA for their drafts last decade.
- Elsewhere on the minor league side of things, the Yanks signed Eric Bruntlett for minor league depth and welcomed J.B. Cox back from his mental break. Andrew Brackman will be bumped up to Double-A Trenton before the All Star break.
- The 2009 World Champs got a new marker on the Canyon of Heroes.
- Whenever you go to Yankee Stadium, you’ll never have to hear vuvuzelas.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.